20" radius track?

hiscopilot

Dec 27, 2006
Spring Hill, TN
DO they make this? I picked up a track plan someone else had made and it calls for 20" radius, I figure I might just have to use flextrack, but if they make 20" maybe I can use some of it instead and save the flex for the odd places.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I've never heard of any commercial 20" radius sectional track. Flex track is really not at all hard to use. You just draw out your radius on your plywood, glue down your cork which goes down in 2 halves with the joint right along that center line. If you install the flex track with the center of the ties lined up with the center joint on the cork, you will have your desired radius. In addition you will have sections of track that are 3 feet long instead of 9 inches.

NYNH&H

Dec 11, 2006
Flex gives smoother track, and is cheaper. I used it to make 19.5" curves (4x8 plywood). Some stuff bends better than others, Atlas Super Flex bends better than the stuff from the box at the LHS.

hiscopilot

Dec 27, 2006
Spring Hill, TN
I guess I am going to have to start looking to invest in flex trck. It will be a while before I lay track now. bummer. I will lay what I can first I guess.

Thanks for all of the advice!!!!!!!!!!

NYNH&H

Dec 11, 2006
I recommend just flex and turnouts, and no sectional track. The fewer joints the better, sound wise, operation wise, and electrically.