2 shays for Pete (Sumpter)

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by shamus, Jan 15, 2003.

1. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Okay, you asked for um, two shays creeping down the 11% grade with one hell of a load. On the top level Climax class A making it's way to the heel boom and bottom level another shay taking logs to the sawmill.

2. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

You snuk this one in on me. I will have to agree with Val. You must have gone up to the woods and snapped a picture and posted it here. I like that log bridge.
  3. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

what a great scene. I have never seen that many Shays at one time anywhere - let alone hauling big loads up and down heavy grades. Very nice work there, Shamus:) :)
  4. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Yeah!! Sidewinder overload!!

Very nice, thanks :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  5. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Pete, sorry, here they are.

Attached Files:

6. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

I'm amazed to see how close I was able to get to the original!!
    The dimensions were worked up by using a pair of dividers to "measure" the stack, compare it to a measurable point on the shay (on the computer screen), and then measuring that point on my MDC shay to determine the actual size.
    I'm still trying to figure out a way to "mass produce" a few of those, and maintain the level of detail.
    Thanks for posting the "head to head" shot, I can't think of a better place for that stack than on one of your shays.
  7. interurban

interurban Active Member

Lovely photographs Shamus :D

I love those Shays,

Great:) :) Whats the maximum grade unloaded and loaded with logs will one Shay accomplish?????? :) :)

Have you tested them Shamus;)