2 Regulus-2 tactical models are now available!!!!

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by scudbusted, Aug 2, 2005.

1. scudbusted

scudbusted loopy lurker

Hi all! Well, the First 2 Regulus-2's Tactical variants, are ready fo download. The prefix 30, was used to distinguish the tactical variant, from the drone variant. The 2 are No.3003, which was the first to successfully complete the terminal dive manever with a fuzed warhead. Among other changes, it incorporated a lower 'dive fin'. Had the project gone ahead to production. the Dive Fin would have been present on all tactical missile models. They were not used on Drones. The other model is No.3055, which never existed, as only 54 were ever built. 55 is my affectionate number for what the tactical variant may have actually looked like had been pout to service.
    They are in 1/96th scale, but even at that small size, both are still 22cm long. I also made 2 of the Regulus-1's in that same scale, so you can have a matched set. :) Plane are already in the works for more REGULUS models- including the J-65 early test variant, various drones, and the super 4 megatoner- REG-1. FIRST!- I am working on a promised SNARK- after I take a break:)
    Dave is hosting both models at- http://www.dpileggispicks.com/
    Ok now that i made you read all that- GO GET EM! They're free as always:)
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Thanks man..........now I got another model to build! But it does look good!

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

Well, I was talking to Eric lastnight and talked him into making this post so that everyone would know that they are ready. I have built them and they are really nice, I am sure everyone has seen the "blown up version" of the Regulus II that I did of his early "test builds" in my album.

They are great looking little models and Eric put alot of work into them to make them easy to build, So go get em!
    While you are there, look over some of the other models on Dave Pilleggi's site everything on the site is free. http://www.dpileggispicks.com/

have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  4. scudbusted

scudbusted loopy lurker

Here's a picture I took of my 3003 build BEFORE i put gloss coat on it, so it doesn't reflect so much. :)

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy all,

Of course you know I am gonna be "blowing that model up" (enlarging it to match the other I did).
    At 20 inches, I really think with a small estes type engine you could make that baby "sail" into the sky.

Greg aka GW