2 Erie brass HO scale cabooses roll out of the paint shop

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Blake, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Blake

Blake Member

I had shown the before when they were just primed. They are done now (well almost, I will weather them a little later on). The first one is an NJ Custom Brass Erie bay window caboose. I replaced the old solid roofwalk with a Plano photo-etched one. I also replaced the "wagon wheel" antenna with an Overland Models one (they were available for a while and I had a few in the parts box for some RS-3's that I never did). I used Prime Mover decals, Polly Scale paint and Microscale clear coats (gloss before decaling, satin after).

2. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Great job Blake. What scale is this?

That's OK. I see it is HO. Anyway still a good job.
  3. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

That C101 reminds me of...

...(Laura) that caboose that was locate off the right of way, as a "museum" in Ramsey, NJ. Am I even close?

4. Beautiful work, Blake, but man, I gotta tell ya, that workbench is WAY too clean ;)

Seriously, you are hereby instrructed to bering them to my place next time you visit, take 'em for a ride on the BeanPea.

Jim :cool:
  5. marty w.

marty w. Member

Excellent work, Blake.
    Looks great!
  6. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Very nice. Great job!
  7. Blake

Blake Member

Thanks guys. Hey Jim, will look forward to it. I'll bring them and my R-1 after I repaint it.
  8. Blake

Blake Member

My clean workbench was a lesson learned from my father. He didn't teach it to me, but rather had the opposite. My dad has a basement that is around 20' X 40'. If you go down there with a can of soda, you will prabably be unable to find a place to put it down. And the stuff isn't "good" stuff either. It's mostly crap. He has a huge workbench with an island in the middle and a clear workspace about the size of a magazine. It takes him 1/2 hour to locate each tool for a project and many times, if you pull out..say..a screw driver....WHAMM!!! Major crapalanch!! Anyhow, just an entertaining story I felt like telling.
  9. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Worse than my work area Blake? Those hacks look great and while they may visit Jim's layout I know where they'll be residing! And they'll be needed for the Berk and the Mikado Broadway Ltd. is coming out with.
  10. Blake

Blake Member

And don't forget my famous 2-10-2. Hey Gary, want to buy some cabooses!!:D