2 Erie brass HO scale cabooses roll out of the paint shop

Blake

Jul 19, 2002
Northern New Jersey
www.BlakeDTatar.com
I had shown the before when they were just primed. They are done now (well almost, I will weather them a little later on). The first one is an NJ Custom Brass Erie bay window caboose. I replaced the old solid roofwalk with a Plano photo-etched one. I also replaced the "wagon wheel" antenna with an Overland Models one (they were available for a while and I had a few in the parts box for some RS-3's that I never did). I used Prime Mover decals, Polly Scale paint and Microscale clear coats (gloss before decaling, satin after).

erca1.jpg

erca2.jpg

erca3.jpg

erca4.jpg

erca5.jpg

Lackawanna Jim

Nov 27, 2002
NJ
Visit site
Beautiful work, Blake, but man, I gotta tell ya, that workbench is WAY too clean ;)

Seriously, you are hereby instrructed to bering them to my place next time you visit, take 'em for a ride on the BeanPea.

Jim :cool:

Blake

Jul 19, 2002
Northern New Jersey
www.BlakeDTatar.com
My clean workbench was a lesson learned from my father. He didn't teach it to me, but rather had the opposite. My dad has a basement that is around 20' X 40'. If you go down there with a can of soda, you will prabably be unable to find a place to put it down. And the stuff isn't "good" stuff either. It's mostly crap. He has a huge workbench with an island in the middle and a clear workspace about the size of a magazine. It takes him 1/2 hour to locate each tool for a project and many times, if you pull out..say..a screw driver....WHAMM!!! Major crapalanch!! Anyhow, just an entertaining story I felt like telling.

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Worse than my work area Blake? Those hacks look great and while they may visit Jim's layout I know where they'll be residing! And they'll be needed for the Berk and the Mikado Broadway Ltd. is coming out with.