2.5 maxx not idleing

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by evilss, Mar 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evilss

evilss Member

just put a new piston and sleeve in my maxx. now i cant get it to idle. any suggestions. i have adjusted the idle screw and also went back to all factory settings on the carb. is my carb shot? if i brake it it kills it bacause the carb shuts to much to idle. let me know anything that can help me out. thanks. mshipp@nwpipe.com

matthew
  2. Nitram68

Nitram68 Member

-I gotta ask how much have adjusted the idle screw? If the carb slide seems to close too much,make small adjustments(turning the idle screw clockwise)to increase the gap of the slide. In conjunction the idle speed "should" rise. The idle screw is almost hidden behind the fuel inlet/high speed needle. Another possible thing is that the low speed needle needs a little more adjusting. Keep trying the small things. Hope this might help.:)
  3. mastmec

mastmec Member

Pull of your aircleaner and look into the carb with the brake applied, you should see about a 1mm gap between the slide and carb.
  4. osbornel

osbornel Member

well it could also be the clutch bearing, if not lubed, that will happen also, when you break it dies. But if it's the carb closing until you can't see an opening, you need to really adjust your linkage.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.