1st Project Robotech Alpha

goodduck

Jul 25, 2010
Everything looks great but the front. The canopy and nose cone don't looks right. Is that your intention to reshape the front? The shape looks like a goose head right now.

siberius

Nov 21, 2009
12 inches is a good size! I really dislike miniature models... i'm out of patience with those... so, good for your measure choise :thumb:

goodduck

Jul 25, 2010
TC right. Your bump is too much, need to tone it down. Make it smoother transition between canopy and nose cone.

DarkAntzMK-II

Jul 7, 2010
roger that and thanx for the reference pics TC
@goodduck working on it now

in all honesty...whats considered to big? i like the small detail but thats hard to do when small...id like a decent size....so how big is to big?

ThunderChild

Actually there's no such thing as too big, it's all relative. If you really want to, you could make this 1:1... though I doubt anyone will build it then... :D

I personally prefer the standard scales, 1:48 and 1:72

Janx's Alpha is around 1:48 in scale and 11 inches long.
If you want a large model, then I'd recommend something maybe double that size.

DarkAntzMK-II

Jul 7, 2010
well if this goes well, why not a beta? i belive Thunderchild has a beta, but a large beta to fit the alpha would be cool...as for the Sy Cannon...its doable, i love doing something not done...but i have no reference

DarkAntzMK-II

Jul 7, 2010
improved.jpg
Simplified cockpit for easy unfolding/folding as well as removed "goose bump"
gave wings 15 * angle like TC ref pic

DarkAntzMK-II

Jul 7, 2010
test build is coming along nicely...
its not folding to prettily as im jut test fitting everything 1st...then i can take my time and build better but im 40%

besides...we all know its the little things that mater
Untitled-2-5.jpg

DarkAntzMK-II

Jul 7, 2010
Ok..ive completed the white model and its looking good, ive also completed the stand...now its just a matter of skin and release. any pone interested in the white version? final mesurements=

Untitled-3-1.jpg
Untitled-2-6.jpg
Untitled-4.jpg
Untitled-5.jpg
Untitled-6.jpg
Untitled-7.jpg
Untitled-8.jpg

azgard

Aug 2, 2010
Very impressed... the Alpha was always one of my favorites from the show. Looking forward to trying this model

DarkAntzMK-II

Jul 7, 2010
All finished! whos gonna build it? i couldent upload it, kept sayin upload Failed. tryed to do this in .ZIP format has folder with pdo parts. any help?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 6
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 13

blaar

Mar 9, 2008
Looks superb. Great work and in quick time too.

As for uploading. You can try MediaFire. You can create an account for free and upload you stuff there. Been using it for over a year now and never had a problem. Also you can add an remove files as you wish, simple and easy.

Just a thought.