1st Project Robotech Alpha

DarkAntzMK-II

Jul 7, 2010
well after watchin some robotech on netflicks i realized..we got rick hunters mech and plenty of macross veritechs, but where are the southern cross and invid models?!

so i found an alpha on sketch up...and im ripin it apart.
i know a small bit about modeling, but i use wings 3d mostly...as for unfolding...that will be a new exp but i thing i can whoop P designer into shape with a little studying and my fine friends here.

the alpha looked good on 1st glance, but there are ALOT and i mean ALOT of mistakes. i have to go over every section and fix it..estemated time to model repair 2 weeks, unfolding, 1 week. prototype 3 days release in rook, scott, and shadow variants 3 days, total time...1.5 months.

ill keep my progress posted, and who knows if i dont fubar it, ill try for a matching beta

Alpha1.png

Alpha2.png

DarkAntzMK-II

Jul 7, 2010
thanks alot thunder for that info, now i guess im not so original in this design, but i do have some differences showing up in my design...i also thing ill paint it red like rooks alpha.

one thing tho...i see after finishing the control surfaces and goin to unfold...the model is 35 feet long?!?! didint know it was lifesized!!! so im shrinkin it down. ive always been a fan of big models maby the finished product should be about10 inches in length? what do u all think?

E

ekuth

Errrr... no. She's already a trooper from putting up with my mega TOS Galactica build.

The damn thing is about 4 1/2 feet long and 2 1/2 feet wide. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkAntzMK-II

Jul 7, 2010
pain in the but....had to remodel ALOT of the parts from scratch due to many inverted and missing sections, some parts overlaped like 50 times...anyhow...now unfolding part by part, gonna build a no line white model then move on to a skinned model.

gbwhitman

Aug 5, 2010
Houston
Hey we appreciate your efforts

Hang in there and keep us posted. Your time and energy are appreciated and know that you are bringing much joy to your fellow modelers.

DarkAntzMK-II

Jul 7, 2010
Thanks! ive got modeling completed and have unwrapped 50% havin some problems with the cockpit/nosecone area, may have to remodel the remodel, but ill start building the white model this week and post pics of each section i build

goodduck

Jul 25, 2010
Great! Hey, how about the Beta Fighter too?

What's the problem with that sketch up model?

DarkAntzMK-II

Jul 7, 2010
its comin out WAY to big....completed the arms section...arms alone were 8" long....at that size the model would have been....hunn...1/28 scale? almost 2 feet?...WEW! man better dial it back....anyone want to remodel the nosecone and cockpit for me? having some problems there

DarkAntzMK-II

Jul 7, 2010
it wont be that big...was a design flaw when unwrapping that screwed up the scale..im angeling for somthing around 1 foot (12" inches)

gbwhitman

Aug 5, 2010
Houston
The bigger the better

Hey, what not scale it up? It might enable flaws to show up a little more, but heck, it will make a better display piece.

DarkAntzMK-II

Jul 7, 2010
yeah i just remodeled it as best i can, saving the original was effing drivin me nutts...i may have to reused the poly count a bit more to unfold this one, but your advise was very helpful