1st attemp at posting pics

pcentral

Jul 17, 2002
Central California
Visit site
Hi gang,
I borrowed my Dads digital camera and have been figuring it out. Thought I would try posting a pic. This is the first (and only) pic taken so far, if it works I'll take more. The picture shows some of the rock castings I always brag about.

Attachments

• rocks.jpg
    rocks.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 167

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Well I'd say that worked and worked well! look forward to more!

Are the smooth areas to get ground cover or is it an area where it's all sandy/rocky like out west? What area are you modeling?

hehehe when I read Ty's first post, I was thinking he meant the greenish dark thingy in the upper right and I was going to say the climber is an electrician going up to wire the connector in! :D :D :D I'm on a fairly hi resolution monitor right now (1600 X 1200), so everything is pretty small, even though my glasses are clean :D :D :D

Good work!

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi pcentral, don't let these guys here put you off, what with Tyson asking about electrical connectors in the middle and Jon wants to get his glasses cleaned, I don't know whats going on. :D

HOWEVER -- Let me just say this, IT LOOKS GREAT, love the rocks and the photo is sharp .
Please post more.

Shamus

pcentral

Jul 17, 2002
Central California
Visit site
Hi All,
Thanks for the words. Now a little background. I was in a hurry to get a pic and try to post it so I just snapped what was close. The picture is a closeup of the mountain in my train/computer room. The little green thing in the right corner is a jeep and just out of sight in the top of the picture is a white fence and house. The figure is a electrical/telephone lineman but works as a climber. The smooth areas are supposed to get some light ground foam. I want it to have a southwestern flavor with sparse vegitation. The layout was built a few years ago and I have never gotten around to finishing the scenery on it. I will get some better pics of it and my other layouts posted soon. Steve