1950`s Gas station

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by mauther, Jan 18, 2009.

1. mauther

mauther Active Member

Hi to everybody,

Here a gas station as the ones that seen in the American roads in years 1950. Who to liven up itself to mount, will have to make a small adjustment in the emendation of the two roofs. All the other parts are in order. It is the first time that I work with textures and I liked it. Sorry by the macarroni English.

See you later!
  2. BARX2

BARX2 Member

It's a very nice model. You did a good job! I think it's more like 1940's though. Maybe I'm wrong.
  3. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Looks good, like those back road gas stations in the movies that have a monster waiting to pounce.:mrgreen:
  4. mauther

mauther Active Member

Thanks for your words, BARX2 and SCEtoAux.

BARX2, after a search in Google I say, you`re right, thanks. I`m glad you like it!
  5. wccrawford

wccrawford Novice Papercrafter

Wow, that is nice. I'm looking forward to building this one.

7. Art Decko

Art Decko Member

Very good! I love the worn textures. Some nice details such as the dented vent under the window. Those add so much to a model. The gas pumps and advertising look realistic, it shows that you did some research. :thumb:

Keep using detailed, worn textures! :) Few model designers use them, most use simple "coloring book" style graphics with solid colors. That's why many card models look like toys, even when the shape is very carefully designed.
  8. trekman1017

trekman1017 Member

do the cars come with the model? if not where can i find them?
  9. DHL

DHL Member

the textures look like FG's
  10. ramatoto

ramatoto Member

No!! They look much better than FG!! FG textures look mostly like Comic-style, and really not reallistic....

Many thanks for this model!!!!
  11. mauther

mauther Active Member

Thanks, wccrawford, RINGMASTER, Art Decko, trekman1017, DHL and ramatoto.

About the textures, they are by free photo textures sites and photos of real objects searched on Google, is the case of the gas pumps. Any photo may be used like a texture. The model is designed on MsPaint, then the texture is applied, using MsPaint too. Is the easy way and the results are very good.
    The cars are free models of a russian site or blog, but I don`t remember the link, except the red hotroad ( comercial model, by Zioprudenzio).

12. mauther

mauther Active Member

13. mauther

mauther Active Member

A little update

Small addition to the model: A coke machine , a wall telephone , an old tire, a reel of handles, a metal barrel and two plates of indication. I believe still have space for more things in this diorama, such like tools and some rusted parts of vehicles, but it remains for the future. That`s all for now...

See you later!
  14. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

A Route 66 sign. Thanks. I remember travelling on that road from California to Oklahoma in the early 1960's when I was a young'un. :)

There was a Route 666 that started in NW New Mexico, went through SW Colorado,and ended in SE Utah. The highway department decided to change the route designation because of some people's 666 superstition and because the signs kept getting stolen. :mrgreen:
  15. zhuantouttt

zhuantouttt New Member

very beautiful
  16. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Thanks a bunch! That looks really cool.
  17. blackmonkey

blackmonkey New Member

very funny ,thanks
  18. THE DC

THE DC Member

Thanks so much!

This is a great kit and a really cool idea!

The DC
  19. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Very nice indeed, one small nit to pick though, I don't think that 7Up was known as the UnCola until the 70's. I may well be wrong though (a state of affairs that happens more often than I care to think about...<g>), and it in no way detracts from the excellent job you have done.

20. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Thread deleted for flaming