18x13 room need help

UPJunkie

Aug 8, 2003
Nixa,Mo
www.geocities.com
Hey guys

I am looking for a layout for Ho Scale to do for a 18x13 room

I want at least 2 or 3 trains running one on the main line and the other one switching around the yard and town. Any ideas that anyone can give me would help. This is going to be for the bottem part of the room. I already have a plain for a logging layout. This one will be the top but it won't be so wide. This one will be only like 6 inches wide and it will go all around the room on the wall Below will show where and when it will stop. I just need an idea for the bottem part for a layout. Here what i want

1.Yard
2.Switching in Town / Yard
3.Siding
4.Town
5.Road

If someone is willing to design a layout for me and make a list of stuff i need (track,Switchs and so on) I am willing to pay them for there time. It can't be much money i am poor all money gos to bills and trains :thumb:

TrainRoom.jpg

UPJunkie

Aug 8, 2003
Nixa,Mo
www.geocities.com
i want to take out the closet but the wife won't let me so i have to plane around it. Everytime i start making a plan out it never works. I have tryed to use the Atlas Right Track Freeware 5.0 and i never could get it right so i have to do it by hand i wish that i can learn the Right Track Freeware 5.0 that will help me alot

t-whistler

Hi. I had the same problem with a 15x18' room, including the discussions with the wife. Finally I bought foam and some lumber and began by laying foam on the floor and
seeing what shape, dimensions and spacing between aisle etc. looked good. Then raised it up to the proper lever and evaluated the spacing etc. again. I got the whole family involved and finally started to build framework etc. The closet was striped bare, doors removed and we now have more space for storage under the train than any one closet could ever hold. I am happy with the benchwork, the family is happy for being a part of the planning, and wife is happy with all her NEW space. This process took
about 15 months but it was and still is worth the effort. After all this I could see with
my mind what type of track plan could fit, where and how buildings belonged, and
the landscape of the whole layout. Hope this helped.

t-whistler