Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gearz, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Hey cousin Gearz! I've been absent of late (unfeasibly busy in real life), but am glad to see this project isn't officially dead. I'm thrilled and excited at the prospect of building this beauty. I still plan on building up the whole frickin' thing, not just the pulling bit. But one step at a time, yes?

Keep on keeping on, don't apologize for delays (just look at how delayed my Outland thing is, and I still consider it to be an "active" project on my bench). Just do what you can do, and know that you have some fans out there who really appreciate your efforts.
  2. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

A one-off is a model someone builds which is for their personal collection and which is not designed to be released to the general public. Scratchbuilds fall into this category.
  3. Gearz

Gearz Member

WooHoo.. Glad to see you back Duncan :thumb::wave: If you and MF would like to the build the lot, that's good enough for me = the lot it is !

MF are you kidding..??? The first time.. wow that's impressive. I guess you'll be checking under the bed every night then = I did... lol.. Giger's work is hands down, freaky field melt down nightmare material.

Axel - Sounds like a great project. I don't have much information on the derelict as yet, but I'll have a look and see what I can dig up.

4. Darth Windius

Darth Windius Member

Hello Gearz,

No more posts? Problems with also the kitchen sink??:cry:

I'm kidding. Have a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!!!:thumb:

Cheerz :wave:
  5. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Nah, though I do have a hurried step when I'm in a dark room by myself. :oops:
  6. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Very impressive work so far. I'll admit to originally feeling like I'd only build Nostromo herself, but seeing the scale you built her at makes the refinery actually seem like a pretty reasonable build, instead of a super crazy gigantic build.

So what are the chances of including a to scale Narcissus? ;)

well done.
  8. Space Jockey

Space Jockey New Member

Gearz... just wanted to say great work. ;-)
    I don't know if this will help you, but I have these on Propsummit, Ebay once or twice, and I have had a couple of model makers go for them as they want to do their own scratchbuilds etc.
    Anyway, Nostromo Blueprints if you are interested are in the marketplace.
    I stumbled on this thread as I've been following the Sulaco card model which is excellent too.
    All the best
    -SJ :)
  9. styggs

styggs New Member

Hi theeeeere!

Well, that's really one of the best news I've read in the past 15 years of my life. jawdrop
    Registered yesterday just to keep following Jan's and your model making/planning efforts, because, well, this ship's been in my mind since I've seen it while I was hiding in my parent's closet watching the movie when I was twelve (ehm, 23 years ago).
    I spent nearly 200 Euro for the original Halcyon Resin model kit of the Nostromo and was excited as hell! Now I'm wet everywhere.
    Amazing work so far!
    So far?
    Well, amazing work from the beginning, man!
    Waiting for further pictures,

styggs/Stefan :inmew:
  10. oriod01

oriod01 Member

What ever happened to this? Also, if anyone knows I was wondering what ever happened to the Betty (Alien: Resurrection) over at http://papirovemodelarstvi.cz/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8246 I tried to join over there, but it came back with a 'This e-mail address has been banned' message (?). I don't recall doing anything to be banned personally from anywhere? I was going to ask about the project there, but can't.
  11. Vger1981

Vger1981 Member

The Betty is waiting for some serious work with unfolding and textures.. :sleeping:
  12. oriod01

oriod01 Member

Thanks for the heads up on the Betty. From the pics, it was looking pretty cool. I assume from the 'sleeping' emoticon, that it's a 'don't hold your breath' situation? sign1
  13. Vger1981

Vger1981 Member

Yep, it's a long way run. Alien models don't come easy... :cry:
  14. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Anyone heard any news from Gearz in awhile? I haven't seen any posts in a long while, and am just wondering if anyone knows if he's OK?
  15. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

A quick look at pm.com shows his last activity there as almost a year ago,if someone has anyway other than the forums to contact him it might be worth trying it
  16. MTK

MTK Active Member

Bummer. Wasn't this the model from Earth3, or something like that? If I've got the model, I'll give it a try.

18. MTK

MTK Active Member

Doh! Mybad.... Don't know where I got that, maybe the design style, or pure absentmindedness, perhaps it was a schitoma.
  19. Vger1981

Vger1981 Member

20. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Beautiful!! Please keep us informed! Thanks! :)