1701-E Bridge WIP

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Master-Bruce, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Jones Brandon

Jones Brandon Member

hey to ever one I'm loving this card model site and the people who make the models. also Mr. Skupilkinson I love what your work on the bridges keep up the good work man .
  2. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Thanks Jones. Nice to see you on the boards here. Both my "E" and "D" models should be available soon.
  3. Master-Bruce

The light at the end of the tunnels is right in front of me now! I have one more console to finish and it's done! I'll be releasing it as a beta version sothat people can try this out asap if they like. It'll come with full textures but only partial instructions unless I manage to finish them in the next few days. Keep in mind that this will have had no testbuild done on it if I release as a beta version.

Thanks to David " Deif" Kleist for his work on the LCARS for this model. I couldn't have finished this one without him.

Here's a preview before release now. This is the page for the two wall consoles either side of the bridge. The image has been reduced alot for uploading purposes. Around 70% I think.

I hope it looks ok to you all.
  4. Jones Brandon

Jones Brandon Member

love the work man keep it up. jones
  5. Master-Bruce

Thanks cheif. Post some pics when you finish it.
  6. Master-Bruce

OK. I've finally recieved the final station for the bridge. The MSD!! I've added it to the model but just need to tinker the wall stations before releasing it as a beta.

Stay tuned for a release notice!!
  7. Perry

Perry New Member

I'm looking forward to build it... :mrgreen:

Also... where did you find the lcars for all the consolles?... I've always been searching for a website with them but never succeded :cry:
  8. Master-Bruce

Thanks very much. Glad you like the LCARS. I also searched long and hard for accurate images but with no joy. Fortunately I met a guy online, known as Deif over at Okudagrams.com I started a thread there asking for help with these but no-one answered except him.

He stepped up to the challenge and ctreated them for this model in very high res .PNG files. He did this as a favour to someone who he'd not met previously so for that I owe him big time!!

Some of his images are there at Okudagrams in the forums, look it up. I'd share them but technically they're not mine to share. Maybe if you register there and ask him he may send them to you or just download what you see in his thread there.

Be sure to get in touch and thank him though, I ythink he deserves the credit for what he created using the screen caps I gave him and some references from other members at the forum.
  9. Jones Brandon

Jones Brandon Member

keep up the good work man and do what you do best! Jones
  10. Perry

Perry New Member

Thank you for the reply... I'll check the site
  11. Master-Bruce

If I did what I did best then I'd not do anything at all. I'm real great at sleeping lately! LOL.

Sorry if I laid that on a bit thick about the LCARS. I'm just greatful to the guy for making my model better than I'd hoped.
  12. Master-Bruce

Hi guys. The bridge is finished!!

Please remember this is a beta version. This means it hasn't been tested, but it follows the same design principals as the 1701-D bridge so should be Ok. It's tricky though when it comes to joining the walls to the floor as the 1701-D was but more so.

I have started instructions but they aren't complete yet but I will work to finish these in the next few weeks. I would ask that if any of you do download this and build it that you maybe keep notes of problems or even your approach to building this so I may read through them to help ammend the model if required or to create better instructions.

The model is a total of 14mb!! However I've split this up into three smaller .ZIP files for easier downloading. Each zip contains a PDF.

I've sent the model to Jon Leslie for hosting and it should be available in the next few hours I reckon but Jon may be busy so I'll announce in a new thread when it'sdone and ready for you all.

Thanks for the posts here to express you interest, it helps to keep me going. I also thank Deif for "his" LCARS and to the fellow members of Okudagrams for their work which provided valuable reference material for the LCARS that Deif created.

Keep your eyes open for my new thread detailing the design of the 1701-A bridge as it was seen in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. I'll be starting this, or rather finishing it in the next two weeks.

13. Master-Bruce

14. sdhlaw1701

sdhlaw1701 New Member

All I can say is I am amazed!!! This, and your other models is/are awesome. I can't wait to see the 1701-A. Thanks Again
  15. Master-Bruce

Thanks very much! :)

Remember though this is a beta so there may be faults. Either way this is a tricky model, I'm still learning the craft of designing models myself.
  16. Kezn

Kezn pwned in the dawn

congrats skupil :D
    wait to see more of your models.

17. Master-Bruce

Thanks Kezn. I'm still waiting to see more of Batman too. ;)

Just got back from a trip so give a day or too to get back into it and get organised. :)