1701-E Bridge WIP

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Master-Bruce, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Hello to all,

For those who passed by my 1701-D Bridge thread over the past week know that I'm a designer of papermodels.

Well, I'm happy to announce that the "D" Bridge is now ready providing it passes the test builds that are currently being carried out on it.

I'd like the thank the members here who stepped forward and helped me out with LCARS art for the various stations on the model. I also want to thank those who gave me the idea of doing the "D" refit, it's now on my list and should be along soon.

I've started my next project this morning, the bridge of the 1701-E. The modelling is going well though it is early days. Having the 3D model of the "D" bridge makes it easier for scaling purposes though so I hope work will go much smoother than it did with the "D" bridge.

While I can model it, unfold it and colour it, my LCARS attempts suck! I'm hoping that someone here may step up once again to help me out with LCARS for the "E" bridge? Such as the MSD at the rear, Conn, Helm and you know the rest. Official images are better than random fan art(not knocking fan art at all) asI managed to obtain the correct displays for the "D". After all, it is the monitors(LCARS) that makes a bridge model of any kind worth while.

Help me?
  2. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Looking forward to this, as I haven't seen a model of this bridge anywhere, either plastic, paper or any other material. I have dropped some files in the post for you.
  3. Gainer

Gainer Member

Also pretty nice
  4. Master-Bruce

Thank you guys. It is early days of course and I'm still technically working on the "D" bridge after learning of some build issues(small ones).

I have family down this weekend so there'll probably be little to no progress until Monday or Tuesday but having the D model willhalp alot when it comes to scaling and things.

PaulHBell? I'll be looking out for the posty, thanks alot buddy.
  5. Master-Bruce

My in-laws decided to leave early this morning as my father-in law had to go into work for something.

Which means that later today or tonight I'll have some updates for you guys. I've been thinking about this one alot and I think I've decided how to proceed for the wall consoles. These were presenting a bit of a problem in my head when I started this one.

Also, as I'm becoming aware of some minor problems with the "D" model I'm incorperating the fixes into the "E" model before unfolding so hopefully the new "E" model should have none at all when it's done(he says and hopes :) ).

On another forum I was asked which version of the "E" bridge I were doing. I had a feeling there'd be differences but when I check through my reference I can only see very, very subtle changes. So small in fact that unless I find any big differences then I'll only be doing the one version. If anyone can shed any light on this issue, please let me know.

That's it for now. See ya tonight with updates hopefully.
  6. Master-Bruce

Well, as promised there is an update. Though it's not as much of an update as I'd have liked. Alot going on here tonight so I didn't get much done. I did get the side consoles done around the perimeter. And marked out the Alert bars/status columns with place holders. That's it I'm afraid, hope for a more productive day tomorrow.
  7. Master-Bruce

Sorry, here's the pic. :)
  8. Master-Bruce

Lastnight I decided I wasn't happy with the walls being seperate parts, So I redid them. They're now all one solid object which I'll break down later, this way I know for sure it'll all line up when it's unfolded and eventually built. Also I didn't like the way I hurried the wall consoles in the last pic, they didn't look right.

Also finished the floor.
  9. Master-Bruce

Got the new wall consoles in this morning, side walls and rear for the MSD. As I type this I'm working on the viewer and the ledge that sits just infront of it.

Feel free to comment. Please? It's getting a little lonely here. LOL
  10. Master-Bruce

Viewer done too!! I think I'll cut out the doorways next, can you tell I'm leaving the chairs and free standing consoles 'til last? They're MY Nemesis, I'm not looking forward to tackling them. LOL
  11. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Wow, that's really looking good!
    Slowly coming to life!

Hehe, I'm looking forward to seeing the chairs and consoles!
    That's when it will really start coming to life!

Very nice job so far!
    Keep on plugging at it!

12. Master-Bruce

Thanks buddy, just got the doors done. I have two recesses to add now for the replicators at the front near the doors to the airlock and readyroom.

Then it's consoles!!!!!
  13. Ron Caudillo

Ron Caudillo Creative Advisory Consultant Moderator

Beautiful design!

This bridge model is really coming together well! And quick too!

From what you have documented in the D bridge design thread, this should be a fantastic model as well. For me, it's the colorful displays that really set it apart. The 2 level floors was the thing that slowed me down when I designed the TOS bridge. They look good, but hard to implement without a lot of hassle.

Do you plan on working on a whole series of Enterprise bridges? How about other areas of the ships? I'm hoping to work on the Transporter Room, Sick Bay, and Engineering Section when I finish up current projects.

Best Regards,
    Ron Caudillo
  14. Master-Bruce

The start of the consoles. Helm and Conn are in place and the stands for the two science stations to the left and right.
  15. Master-Bruce

Thanks for posting Ron!!

Yeah I have a list in my head of what I want to do. Lots of sets, from Trek!!

So far off the top of my head the list is as follows:

1701 Refit bridge,
    1701-A bridge(Undiscovered Country),
    1701-B bridge,
    NCC-2000 Excelsior bridge,
    1701-C bridge,
    1701-D Ready Room, Observtion Lounge, Turbo lifts for bridge and Engineering,
    1701-D Battle Bridge??
    Defiant bridge,
    DS9 Ops inc Sisko's office,
    Klingon Brid of Prey bridge??
    USS Voyager bridge and maybe sickbay,

That's all I can think of now but there maybe more.

I went for the E now because of the steps actually, in the movie they're lit so well that I thought it'd make a great looking model. Modelling them in Truespace is easy but I hope they're buildable too, should be. :)

Glad you're interested Ron.
  16. Master-Bruce

Also, for a display stand idea that I had. I thought of doing a 1/6 scale Borg Alcove in paper for displaying action figures or vinyl figure kits.
  17. Master-Bruce

Last update for today I think. I'm stillgoing to work on it but take a bigger break this afternoon. I've been at this today since 6am just about.

I've added more consoles, finished the status columns, added placeholders for the seats and carpeted the floor!!

I have to say it looks good though, I'm really pleased. (Pleased not cocky, I just read that last sentence back. LOL)

18. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Wow, you are burning up your processor on this baby, eh?
    That is looking fantastic! Getting better by the hour!:cool:
    I can see why you need a little break!

Eagerly awaiting more!:twisted:

19. Master-Bruce

Well, the kids are in bed, the wife at work so nothing for little old me to do.

Hmm, Why don't I do some work on the bridge model I've been working on?? LOL

I'm on it, feeling better after a few hours away from the screen.
  20. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Take your time with the 'E', the 'D' version needs to be finished yet.