1701-D Bridge

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Master-Bruce, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Hello to all,

I just wanted to start a little thread about my current project. I've started to model the bridge of the USS Enterprise: 1701-D.

I'll be using this 3D model to unfold in Pepakura to create a papermodel. I hope to soon model extra add-on models of the Observation Lounge, Ready Room and Turbolifts.

I haven't decided on scale yet but I want to try and have as much detail as possible but still have it buildable so I'll be relying alot on 2D textures too.

Here's a few pics of the first steps of the modelling of the bridge. The textures used for the last image are rough and will be adjusted for the final model. Please share your comments.

Attached Files:

2. kooklik

kooklik Member

Wow looking good interior view. Wait to see more. :)
  3. Gainer

Gainer Member

looking nice, i want it
  4. Master-Bruce

Thank you gents. I'll be doing more and decided to start the model for the Ready Room this week just to get a head start. I also thought Engineering would be a cool subject too?
  5. Gainer

Gainer Member

Most Definatly awesome. Engineering would be cool.
  6. Master-Bruce

I thought so.

I'm still working on the Bridge model, I noticed that some areas weren't quite right. I'm just adjusting the wire mesh to get things right like doorways and the entrance to the forward turbolift and Picards readyroom.
  7. Master-Bruce

I'm sure this time the modelling is done. I added the archways over the doors and the corner of the Readyroom doorway needed adjusting for an alertstatus bar that I forgot about.

Added a pic of the bridge for comparison. It's the refit bridge but you get the picture.
  8. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Looking good. Are you looking for a beta builder, I would like to volunteer. If not that's ok, I'm still looking forward to seeing it built.

I had a 'playmates' bridge a few years ago, that was about 450cm X 300cm. That would be a good size to start from.
  9. Master-Bruce

It's going to be big. Even bigger with the add-ons. I thought of modelling the exterior of the Deck so that you could close it all up and open it out to display the interiors? Just a thought.

Thanks for the offer, I'll take you up on it. I never have test built a design before which is poor practice so the offer is gratefully recieved.
  10. Gainer

Gainer Member

Looks nice, but focus on the bridge, then do the exterior if you want, I can't tell you how many models i've started and then over complicated with extra building and add-on's and never finished the model.
  11. Master-Bruce

That's what I'm doing. I've done that before. I plan to unfold then texure the Bridge, then once it's out there I'll start on other areas. I almost started the Readyroom but restrained myself.

I found a site with actual LCARS pics of things like Worf's tactical panel, Conn, Ops and the rear mission and science panels so I have high hopes for it.
  12. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I have a weekly magazine called the star trek fact files, I think it has got some good photo's/pictures and cutaways of the bridge. I'll have a look and PM you if there is any thing usable.
  13. knife

knife Member

A question I always wondered about: What ever happened to seat belts in the 25th century? Seems I've seen dozens of injuries and quite a few deaths on the bridge when victims are tossed around. Seat belts save lives, even in space.
  14. kooklik

kooklik Member

If add white or yellow LEDs to the door ceilings and back light for the big displays behind , this must be a very attractive model.
  15. Master-Bruce

Thanks guys for the kind words. Kooklik, I though the same possibilities about backlighting it. Light up the LCARS monitors maybe? Down to the individual that one.

Thanks Paulhbell for the offer there, I'm sure it'd come in handy if there's anything usable.

I remember hearing something about internal dampers being the reason for not needing seat belts. Though under imapct from phaser fire or torpedoes those "dampers" take time to adjust to the increased momentum so people do get thrown about. A bit pointless having it then. LOL

Started unfolding today
  16. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

An idea for lighted displays, would be to print the displays on clear acetate and put the leds behind them.
  17. Master-Bruce

That's what I would do. I'll be finishing this model of the bridge but I now can't decide what to do next. I like the 1701-E bridge and have enough reference for that. I then went on to consider doing a run of Enterprises bridges except the TOS as it's out there already?

After those maybe go back and tackly add-ons?
  18. Ron Caudillo

Ron Caudillo Creative Advisory Consultant Moderator

Awesome Bridge Model!

I was hoping someone would model the D Bridge! This will make a great series of display models. I had a lot of fun designing the TOS bridge, even used a screen shot from the show for the main viewer screen. It really adds to the model's character.

The individual stations were a bit tedious as I had to draw eash individual button and light, but it was very satisfying as each station was completed.

Having good material for the LCARS panels will really set his model apart and make a very nice and colorful display. The bright colors was one of the things of the TOS bridge that appealed to me to design the model.

I look forward to seeing and building this model!

Best Regards,
    Ron Caudillo
  19. Master-Bruce

Thanks Ron. It means alot coming from you as you're TOS bridge got me thinking of doing this one. I built your bridge model for my dad as a thank you gift. He brought me up on Trek so I've been hooked all my life.

I started this orogonally a year ago, then Ilost all the work dur to PC failure and had to start over.

I've gathered alot of reference and am gathering more. Okudagrams.com is a great site for Trek display monitors. I've also added something to the viewer. Not a screen capture but a nice purple nebula as if the Enterprise is "boldly" going.
  20. Gainer

Gainer Member

still looks nice