16 Inches Of Snow

ausien

when it turns to water pipe it down here to our dams we sure could do with it... have a good, and safe one..steve

K.V.Div

cidchase said:
Gosh, Ed,
you sure did generate a lot of sympathy!! :D :D :D :D
We'll stick behind ya all the way...

Yes... Waaaay behind :D :D :D :D :D :D

Here on the West (Wet) coast of Canada, snow tends to be a once in one or two year event in Victoria and a two to three times a year event up here in Shawnigan Lake.
It seems that o'l Ma Nature drew our cards this year and decided to bless us with a late white Christmas, giving Victoria a 7 inch helping of the white stuff while dumping the rest on us on Shawnagin Lake with 25-38 inches of the heavy wet stuff (depending on what part of the area you lived in).
Myself, I received 29 inches in 2 days, 39 hours of power outages over 3 days and 19 trees down on my property (7 across my driveway).
There will be no shortage of firewood this upcomming winter ;)
Since then, we have been hit by a rain event known by such names as the "Pineapple Express" "Rain Train" and, most recently, The "Tropical Punch"
Add 7 inches of rain in the past week plus warm temperatures to all that snow and things tend to get very soggy indeed :eek:
So far, the drainage and runoff interceptor ditches are doing their jobs and the house remains dry and, as of Friday, I don't need to use 4 wheel drive to get in and out of my property :)
Hang in there Ed, because before you know it, summer will be here and we will all be complaining about the heat. ;)
Cheers!

Terry

spitfire

K.V.Div said:
Hang in there Ed, because before you know it, summer will be here and we will all be complaining about the heat. ;)
Cheers!

Terry

Ain't that the truth!!!

Terry, hope there are no more mudslides out your way. Stay safe!

Val

ezdays

Out AZ way
Here is a paragraph from the January column that I write for an Ohio newspaper. Mind you, I live in the Phoenix area, so that's what I write about. Ya know, we could use that snow if we had a way to get it here economically. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The Snowbirds are back. The temperature drops into the sixties and they’re walking around in shorts and sandals. Us, we’re bundled up like we were headed to Alaska. But on the other hand, these are the same Snowbirds that run back home when we start to warm up a bit. They say your blood thins out after living in our climate for a few years. I don’t know that for sure, but it is amazing to see a bunch of guys framing a house or shingling a roof in110 degree heat without a whimper, but huddled around fires when it gets below 60. Now this may sound strange to you, but around here, people will actually go up north and haul back a few truckloads of snow for the kids to play in. When there is no snow, they pay an icehouse to make some. These are the same people that will put a block of ice out in the July sun and take bets on how long before it melts. Rarely does anyone here do that “fry an egg on the sidewalk” thing, been done so many times before. But it sure appears that some people have too much time on their hands. :cool: :cool:

Yeah, my clients next door to you in Morris, CT have been complaining about it. We only had a dusting up here in the mountains but it's snowing now. It warmed up to above zero today which made biking to town today a bit more pleasant than it was at 17 below.

Wayne

grumbeast

ah well, We've just finished digging out for the third time in a week,

Can't remember exact figures, but around 40cm last Monday, another 25cm Thursday oh.. and did I mention another 45cm this Monday.. (all with 80-100km winds)

On the plus side of course I'm looking preeeeettyyy good after all that shoveling :)

siderod

grumbeast said:
ah well, We've just finished digging out for the third time in a week,

Can't remember exact figures, but around 40cm last Monday, another 25cm Thursday oh.. and did I mention another 45cm this Monday.. (all with 80-100km winds)

On the plus side of course I'm looking preeeeettyyy good after all that shoveling :)

Graham, Thats it? Geeezzeeeee!! You got off easy!

CN1

Better easy then .....

I'm glad you enjoy all that snow siderod.

Go nuts, fill your boots and enjoy shovelling etc.....

I'll keep reading how much fun you're having while I'm BBQ'ing outside in my shorts

Long live cowtown

Ed,

What about turning the thermostat down in the train room and lightly dusting the layout:thumb: :D . Not sure how long it would last, nor the state of your layout when it dissapeared, but it would look good for the couple minutes it lasted!:D :D

-josh