12t ESC

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by UltimateStampede, Dec 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hey

is there an ESC that has a motor limit of 12 turns and can handle up to 12 cells. I don't want a brushless motor system.
  2. bandit1

bandit1 Member

i know the Streak ESC has a 12T limit but not sure about the cells.
  3. timrock

timrock Active Member

there used to be one that went up to 20cells with no motor limit.but it was discontinued by the manufacturer.
    the streak doeas go down to 12t motor.also can handle 10 cells.
    Bandit,what do you have in mind with the 12 cells and 12turn motor?that is alot of electric Horsepower.(for 1:10 scale)
  4. timrock

timrock Active Member

im sorry ,i meant UtimateStampede not bandit.
  5. I just wanted more run time and power with two packs
  6. timrock

timrock Active Member

IF YOU CONNECT THE 12 CELLS IN SERIS,IT WILL HAVE MORE POWER.NOT MORE RUN TIME.
    IF YOU TAKE TWO 6 PACK BATTERIES AND CONNECT THEM TO YOUR SPEED CONTROL PARRALLEL IT WILL HAVE THE SAME POWER AS ONE 6 PACK BATTERY BUT YOU WILL HAVE TWICE THE AMOUNT OF RUN TIME.
    YOU CAN CONNECT THEM PARALELL TO ANY SPEED CONTROL.
  7. timrock

timrock Active Member

SERIES VS. PARALLEL
  8. i was connect them with a Y-harness tamiya connector. or would you consider that series. if i got a 12x1, would that give torque at take off?
  9. timrock

timrock Active Member

i think that Y_harness Tamiya connecter is parallel but im not certine.i never use Tamiya connecters.i use sermos.Tamiyas have alot of resistance.i can explain how to run cells in series if you get a speed control that can handle more than 6-7 cells.
    ok if you got a 12x1 would it give you torque at take off.well if it doesnt spin then it has zero torque.not sure what you are asking me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.