Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by mastmec, Jan 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timrock

timrock Active Member

Tire Dia.=3.50
  2. dudex

dudex Member

HEY, hes postin somethin useful for once. So then youre saying that your motor puts out 100,000rpm.
  3. timrock

timrock Active Member

who knows what them 11-14 turn motors put out with that given voltage under load.?(16 cells)

100,000rpm?ill buy that.
  4. daytondaft

daytondaft Member

could u give me the webpage to the video of the 200mph car i wanna see it
  5. dudex

dudex Member

you are retarded. a brushless motor running on 12 cells can put out about 80,000 rpm. A brushed motor that was turning 100,000 rpm would burn up almost instantly, because of the tremendous heat it would generate.
  6. timrock

timrock Active Member

ok dudex you are wrong about that.burning up means too much amperage for the copper wire on the armature to carry.(brushed motor).that would depend on how much load the motor is under.

i have burnt out many arms.never was concerned what these motors were reving to but it is interesting to think about that.

to actully determine what they rev to,you would need to stick one on a dyno.the only problem is that you cant tell how much load the motor is actualy under when the car is running at those speeds.
  7. timrock

timrock Active Member

also,if you run a brushed motor on all the voltage 16 cells can put out,with no load,it will destroy the comuntator instantly.

but will not burn out.
  8. timrock

timrock Active Member

daytondaft:someone named Dean somthing posted the website that i downloaded the video of the 200+mph nitro car.it is somewhere in the toys r us vs.Radio Shack topic.some where in the begining.skim through there and try to find it.when i get a chance i will look for too.also,i have it on my hard drive so i can send the file to you if we dont find it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.