11-20 What time of day is it?

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by MasonJar, Nov 20, 2006.

1. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

What time of day is it on your layout? Do you run a night-time train with all the lights down?

For me, it will always be daytime, as the modular club generally sets up in a hll with all the lights on. There is no provision for darkening individual modules, in part because they don't have built-in lighting.

2. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

3. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Afternoon - - but once in a while for 3 - 4 minutes - it's night :)
  4. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

It all depends.:D
  5. Collyn

Collyn Member

I am always messing with lighting to see what looks best for the particular shoot, dawn noon, dusk, whatever. Other than that it is normally day time
  6. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

It's early afternoon on my layout, but every now & then, operations run into the night, and the lights come on...
  7. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Time to buy a new watch......
    Depends what mood I'm in. But mostly afternoon.
  8. Play-Doh

Play-Doh Member

Although im far from my "layout" taking shape....I have envisioned all of my scratchbuilds happening in the very late afternoon.
  9. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

1:43 PM..every day! :) Seriously its always daylight time on my layout since I haven't installed any lights in my structures and some of my locos don't have working headlights yet! Could be dangerous in the dark!
  10. KCS

KCS Member

Well, I don't know about our club but when I build my layout it will be what ever time of day or weather conditions it is currently outside because of windows. Weather it be bright and sunny to daylight with heavy rain clouds and the same for night time. Natural lighting I think is best because it gives you more choice's and opens more options on how you can operate.
  11. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

Early afternoon, but one of these days we'll be able to go into evening and night time. I have the lights but just can't seem to work myself up to installing them in all the structures around the layout. :D
  12. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

I tried the lighting the building thing and found too many projects held up for too long waiting for an ever increasing amount of lights on an ever decreasing budget...so, it's always afternoon in Selbyville on the B&MC.:thumb: