11-07 question

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Have you ever purchased any Model RR item specifically to not place on your layout??? Ex.: as a gift.... as a kitbash???

I bought the O scale tower kit specifically for the Gauge Kitbash Challenge.... it was bought with no intention of it ending up on te G layout "in the same condition, at least" :D :D

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
My Bachmann 4-6-0 seems to have become a shelf model. I put it on a short section of ballasted, sceniced track, along with one box car . Originally, the track section was just to do scenery experiments on but it looked OK when I finished so there it sits.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Yeah, now that I think about it, I've got some 80' passenger cars that I know I can't run on my layout, but I wanted them anyway. They'll look great in my display case... when I build one that is..:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

nolatron

Nov 17, 2004
Katy, TX
railroad.sodh.net
I bought a G-scale dash-9, intermodal unit set, and a GP40-2 for display only. I plan on getting a USA SD70 Mac to add to that as well (and maybe a LGB Amtrack Phase V).

I also recently bought several HO locos and rolling stock from the LHS and ebay to put up on display.

Of course the plan for the HO stuff is that they will be used on an HO layout modeled after Pelle Soeborg's UP layout next year after we purchase a home in Jan/Feb. :)

And I have HO Amtrak acela set someplace in my "closet-o-stuff" too. I think that'll be making a "roundtrip" around the christmas tree this year perhaps.

And of course, I have some N-scale engines from previous layouts/houses that just won't make it around the Scenic Ridge layout. So those are now on display.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
My first train set when I got interested in model railroading again was the Bachmann John Bull set. I discovered that it doesn't run very well. It doesn't have enough electrical pick ups, and is pretty much a static display. We set it up on a section of track in my wife's Christmas village during Christmas.