1. I got a 10t motor and a a.i. from lrp, can you make a 10t motor a little more torque, if so please give me a tip
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

by gearing you can. Have a large spur gear and a small pinion and it will have alot more torque.
  3. RC King

RC King Member

dumb question and when answered you cant even spell thanks
  4. RC King

RC King Member

.[V]
  5. redheat

redheat Member

Not a bad question at all , and this is'nt a spelling bee so dont knock people that might have made a spelling error or made a mistake on the key board . RED
  6. RC King

RC King Member

your name is RED HEAT because you always over heat your motors and ruin them.
  7. RC King

RC King Member

also it is spelled mock not `knock`
  8. no you cant make it have more torque unless you advance the timing.
  9. redheat

redheat Member

More wrong info. from someone that needs to be band from here. In order to acheive more torque from your motor you need less timing which well give you more torque and less RPM. Higher timing is very hard on the magnets and brushes/comm. , RED
  10. wrong.retarding the timing will give you less torque and rpm.slightly more run time.retard it too much and you will get much less power over all and less runtime.

its hard to believe there are people on this website like that.
  11. Dragracer-R

Dragracer-R Member

that depends on what degree of timing you are advancing or retarding it from.
  12. Dragracer-R

Dragracer-R Member

yea if it is retarded too far like 30-(laughing).for best performance go with advancing the timing.i set the timing by ear on a 7.2 volt pack.i turn the end bell until i hear it rev to the highest point,mark it,then back off about 3-5 degrees.i then get killer performance out of my motor.there you narrow it down to a 2 degree reference point.

i buy new motors and always test run them a couple of times or so right out of the package.then reset the timing in this method and it performs much better.with some motors i found a world of difference and others just a slight difference but fine tuning is a must if you ask me.
  13. redheat

redheat Member

Who would set a motor at -30, you never set it under 0, Most motors are preset to start with , timing generally comes in to play for track condition and after you cut the comm. As you cut the comm. it becomes smaller which brings the RPM's up , RED
  14. Dragracer-R

Dragracer-R Member

that was exaggerated.i guess that went over your head.
  15. Dragracer-R

Dragracer-R Member

what is your method redheat?lets hear how you do it.and do you race?
  16. redheat

redheat Member

Not over my head but yours since your the one that said it , but what does it matter you are only arguing and not productive , RED
  17. Dragracer-R

Dragracer-R Member

can you please answer a question in this forum?
  18. Dragracer-R

Dragracer-R Member

you were asked two questions and you failed to answer even one question on your last post.come on now get real.
  19. redheat

redheat Member