10% Nitro to 20%

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by Jshaff15, Feb 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jshaff15

Jshaff15 Member

Hi all new here but im switching from 10% odonnel to 20% traxxas. my local hs was outta odonnel. Anyhow how is it gonna handle? Do I ned to retune my carb?!? Thanks in advance--John
  2. mastmec

mastmec Member

Yes you will need to retune, and run it a little rich the first tank, after that tune for performance. You will notice a good deal of increase of power.
  3. Jshaff15

Jshaff15 Member

How much hotter temp wise will it run?
  4. mastmec

mastmec Member

If tuned right, higher nitro % will lower the temp, just a little though.
  5. Jshaff15

Jshaff15 Member

hey thanks for the help man. Im looking foreward to the change actually. Its supposed to be like 50 here tommorow im in Michigan. I will fill you in on what i discover. I really want that extra power
  6. Jshaff15

Jshaff15 Member

Yep it seems to sound like its got a lot of extra power but I dont notice it at all cuz im pretty sure my slipper clutch is sort of fried cuz when i really get on it all I hear is the engine revving really high but its not really hauling butt like it should be.
  7. mastmec

mastmec Member

What kind of car do you have? Your clutch could also be slipping. Just clean and check them, use some Scotchbrite or steelwool clean the sufaces and then clean with nitro spray or alcohol. Make sure you use very little oil in the bearings in your clutch bell.
  8. Jshaff15

Jshaff15 Member

I thought it would be my slipper clutch but it maybe the actual clutch. Im not sure. Ill have to pull it all apart and look. It an rc10 gt with a os.12. I have the mip 4-n-1 clutch in it now.
  9. Jshaff15

Jshaff15 Member

any ideas anyone?!?
  10. mastmec

mastmec Member

Have you checked your clutch or slipper yet?
  11. Jshaff15

Jshaff15 Member

slipper was cool. ill prolly check the clutcjh out tommorow. it doesnt appear blue from the looks fo it but it may be glazed over.
  12. mastmec

mastmec Member

Also check the flywheel to make sure it's tight and not slipping.
  13. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

if it is glazed use a scotch brite pad on the shoes and the clutch bell it will help it grip more
  14. Jshaff15

Jshaff15 Member

I pulled it all apart and it was the main diff gear. It was melted to sh*t and hte carbide balls in the diff were embedded into the gear. So I fixed that and orderd a factory team chassis it will be here wednesday next week. Will keep up do date with it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.