1/96 scale Shipyard model "Nina"

eatcrow2

One of the newer Shipyard kits, that includes two models.. Santa Maria & "Niña". As the "Niña" is the simpler of the two, I decided to go with this first. Both of these kits have excellent graphics compared to earlier Shipyard kits that I've seen.. Pictures show the cover, plus frames and bulkheads cut out and then glued up, and the deck pieces glued to 1mm stock..

209211314.jpg

209211430.jpg

209211561.jpg

209211691.jpg

Alcides

Do you have a link to see some pictures of that kits?

by the way the name of the kit is "Niña"?

Regards
Alcides

eatcrow2

Alcides said:
Do you have a link to see some pictures of that kits?

by the way the name of the kit is "Niña"?

Regards
Alcides

Had a little trouble at first remembering how to include the pics.. Seems to be working..

Alcides

Thanks for the pictures. I'm an airplane boy but this ships are interesting.

The spanish name is "Niña". The other ship in the Colon's trip was the "Pinta".

eatcrow2

Richard said:
Peter,

nice subject and looking great so far, you don't see these builds very often on this forum.
Just got a message that the other double kit(HMS Alert/Le Courier) from Shipyard ( http://www.model-shipyard.com/ ) is on it's way to me.

Cheers,
Richard

Richard...

Thanks for the compliment.. I tend to be a slow builder, so this will a on and off again project.. I'm thinking of getting the box set of the "Alert".. When your double kit arrives, how about a write up/review of the models..

eatcrow2

Have added the deck that will be seen when the cargo hatch is opened.. Boxed it in with black stock so the frames would not show..
209465625.jpg

eatcrow2

rmks2000 said:
Peter,

Is this a multimedia kit?

No... Just card, and good quality. Their new model of the "HMS Alert" is going to be released as a multimedia kit, and as a double kit (HMS Alert/Le Courier) that will be card only, as far as I know..

Off to work I go...
Cheers..

OldSalt

The HMS Alert/Le Courier kit will be card, 1:96. The HMS Alert multi-media, laser-cut, chrome-plated, micro-etched, bells and whistles kit will be 1:72. LOL - I got a little carried away there but the kit does have brass cannons, wooden masts/spars, touch-up paint and laser-cut frames. It is supposed to be available 15 DEC. I have one pre-ordered and will give a first impression review when I receive it.

Amazyah

Ron,
I hope this isn't too bold of a question.
How much was your total with shipping, for this "everything but the kitchen sink" kit?

Oh, and does it have the 1mm card (or whatever thickness necessary) for lamination parts, included?

Russell

JerzyBin

Couple of things.

OldSalt... thanks a lot for a link. 149 euro already includes VAT! I have to pay that :( Taxman never sleeps. But shipping, yes it is included :)
I am pushing Shipyard to speed up the delivery as much as I can.

Second thing, about Nina and Santa Maria.... just to tease you a bit :twisted: and raise the benchmark. One of my friends has already built them from that set of Shipyard:

Santa Maria:
DSCN1076.jpg

Nina:
DSCN1088.jpg

They are card models covered with veneer.

Cheers
Jerzy

OldSalt

Now veneer over card is something I never thought of! That would be a good use for cedar cigar tubes. The appearance is exquisite!

J

Jim Nunn

Peter,

It great to be able to see your work again.

Guys keep an eye on this build Peter is one of the best paper modelers I know.

Jim Nunn

eatcrow2

JerzyBin said:
Couple of things.

Second thing, about Nina and Santa Maria.... just to tease you a bit :twisted: and raise the benchmark. One of my friends has already built them from that set of Shipyard:

They are card models covered with veneer.

Cheers
Jerzy

Jerzy..

Your friend has definitely raised the benchmark.. Outstanding workmanship.. Would love to know how he painted the markings on the sails?

Cheers.

eatcrow2

Jim Nunn said:
Peter,

It great to be able to see your work again.

Guys keep an eye on this build Peter is one of the best paper modelers I know.

Jim Nunn

Jim..

Thanks for the compliment...Your the best cardmodeler I know...;-)

JerzyBin

eatcrow2 said:
Jerzy..
Your friend has definitely raised the benchmark.. Outstanding workmanship.. Would love to know how he painted the markings on the sails?
Cheers.

I will ask him tonight over mail. In the meanwhile I will place the link to Polish forum where he, Slawek, was running his building report of those 2 models.

Santa Maria and Nina on Polish Koga Forum

I briefly scanned the log, and sails are already there... I will ask him perhaps he has some extra pictures to share.