1/96 Saturn I Family!!

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by londonbluemisty, Jun 9, 2009.

1. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Hi to All :mrgreen:

I have just finished my 1/96 Saturn I SA4 and SA8 builds.
    My Saturn I family is now complete.:twisted:

A big thanks to Gerd for helping me with SA1 and SA4 rescaling problems:thumb::thumb:

Also thanks to the designers for some fantastic models!!

:inw:Carl (Surfduke) for SA1,2,3/SA4/SA6,7/SA8,9,10
    :inw:Christopher Davis SA5

Next up Saturn 1B's

Attached Files:

2. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

3. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Dang Wayne! You're on a roll! Great work. You'll need to expand the room soon. :)
  4. dhanners

dhanners Member

I'd say you're on a roll but A) it's already been said and B) it's a real bad pun, given that you're rolling model rocket bodies....

Seriously, that is some darn-impressive work there. What a collection!
  5. jparenti

jparenti Member

Very nice! You did a nice clean job on all of them. It takes me forever to make one decent Saturn I stage, and you've done 5! :)
  6. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Superb ... and everything our friends said above.

What a collection!

London, Just a thought. Your level of building skill is really up there. Have you considered entering your latest models in contests? I think you'd do very well, even against plastic. In fact, the paper you use looks better than most painted plastic I've seen.
  7. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Thanks so much:thumb::thumb:
    That means a lot.:mrgreen:

A while ago I found a 160gsm Laser/Inkjet paper that has a semi-gloss look to it and prints really nice (High Colour)

I have never thought of entering any contests,I just build for myself:oops:

8. smyfe

smyfe Member

Hi Wayne, your models look fantastic, is there any chance you could let us know more about the paper as i am having a tough time trying to find some decent stuff
  9. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Hi Mick,

I use this Cardstock,A4 160gsm color copy 250 sheets for £11.78 from Staples.

Attached Files:

10. smyfe

smyfe Member

Hi wayne, thanks very much for the info, I will go in search for it in the morning:thumb:. When you finish your rocket garden you should definately get it on display somewhere:twisted:
    Thanks again
  11. gpw

gpw Member

Hi Wayne,

What a fantastic collection. I am not only impressed by the clean builds but also by the speed you build them up. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Great job, go ahead for the IB's.

12. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

I do not normally work this fast:mrgreen:
    I have been off work for two months.
    I crushed my left ring finger at work and had to have the bottom of it (just above the top of my nail) re-attachedwall1wall1wall1.
    I would post a picture but it is a bit gruesome:cry:
    So as you can imagine I have had a lot of free time on my hands!!
    Luckily I can still model:twisted:

13. gpw

gpw Member

that's even more impressing ... rolling all those Saturn I boosters with a crushed ring finger.
  14. Gideon

Gideon New Member

Wow! I can't wiat to see your Saturn V. Which Saturn V model do you plan to build?
  15. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

I plan to build Ton Notebooms SKYLAB Saturn V.:twisted:
    For an APOLLO Saturn V,I hope to build Greelt's when complete.But we have not heard anything from him for a while since his teased us with his last release of his J2 engines:confused: I was hoping he would of released S-II by now:mrgreen:

16. atlas83

atlas83 New Member

Hello Wayne,

You have build a fantastic collection :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: (several launcher of the same family is a very good idea).

I am impressed by the clean builds (whaouhhhh, all the cylinders are perfect !!! What's your method for such quality ? :cry::cry::cry:) and the speed you built them.

Congratulations from France.

17. Funtime Cthulhu

Funtime Cthulhu New Member

Wow! Looks great!

I'm new to cardstock modelling, and have just begun to rescale and mess with the Surfduke Saturn 1's. My first cardstock model was the Christopher Davis SA-5... But I did a lazy, low-detail build just to see how it would turn out... It's nice, but not nearly as detailed as the high quality version you did!

Also...Love the big display you've set up with the Saturns and the smaller boosters!

Awesome excellent work!
  18. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Awww... someone likes my SA5! Yup, that's me. I never did go back and super-detail it; I handed it over to surfduke to buff up and he did a superlative job at it.

I did contribute the retrorockets and fuel lines to the series though... as well as an insane amount of rivet texturing... :mrgreen:

Nice to know someone else has built it though!
  19. Funtime Cthulhu

Funtime Cthulhu New Member

Yee! That's your SA-5!!!?? *faints*

Way cool dude! That kit is awesome!

Actually... I've started on some of the Surfduke Saturn 1's... (decided to re-scale 'em to match yours.) I badly botched the SA-1's thrust structure... couldn't bend the paper correctly to save my life, so I reprinted it and tried again. Much better the second time around.

I'm getting better..... slowly..... (lol)

Thanks much for the warm welcome! More to come soon... I hope!
  20. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Now how could I *not* give a warm welcome to someone who honors the dread lord of the depths?