1/800 scale Nuclear Power Plant Olkiluoto 3 Free Download

Discussion in 'Architecture Models' started by Thomas Pleiner, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Dear all,

it's a pleasure for me to announce that the 1/800 scale cardmodel of the
    new EPR-Nuclear Power Plant Olkoluoto III (Finland) is available
    for free download:

This "pocket-version" contains 347 parts on 6 sheets. In less than 40 hours you
    may assemble a handsome but very attractive architecture model which
    fits perfectly on a base in A3 (420 x 297 mm) size.
    After download of the kit and the instructions (PDF, 4 MB appr.) it is highly recommended
    to print off the kit's sheets on 120 gram/squaremetre uncoated offset-cardboard
    (thickness not beyond 0,12 mm).
    The baseplate is devided in two sheets of A4 and should be glued onto a rather stiff
    reinforcement (f.e. Forex) Also any book-binding workshop will do this for
    you for little money.

This attractive piece of industrial architecture may also be used as a background
    model for each Z-gauge modelrailroad diorama . . .

For those who are not very familiar with small detailed cardmodelling we have available
    a four-language "guide book for cardmodeling"(PDF 440 Kb appr.).
    The guide contains lot of hints and tricks for successful assembly of cardmodels.

Have fun with the "little brother" of the 1/350 scale kit.

best regards

P.S.: To all e-group admins: Please distribute this information within your e-group . . .
  2. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Very cool Thomas

I have not started the big kit yet, but this will be good training for when i do the big one

3. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Thomas

Thanks for the download of a fantastic model

Well worth adding to any collection 8)

Thanks very much

4. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Beautiful kit, Thomas.

Thank you very much!
  5. thomas-r

thomas-r New Member

Dear all,

As with the 1/350 model, I also had the honour to be Thomas P's Guinea pig for the trial build of this small version. I just want to share with you some pictures of this cute little thing.

Building time was 34 hours whithout the transformers which are not part of the download. I was just curious whether it's possible to build these in 1/800 and scaled them down from the 1/350 sheets.
  6. thomas-r

thomas-r New Member

Here two additional pictures.

I hope you will enjoy building this "quickie". And Rick is right,
    it will be a good training for the big one.
  7. Darwin

Darwin Member

Thomas, thank you for this one. I have a feeling that it will be a bit of a hit at work, and may get some heavy circulation on the internal email system (what would you expect at the USA lead national reactor research laboratory?). Unfortunately, this will probably prove to be the first new reactor built here in the last 20 years. There is hope on the horizon...Bush's budget contains provisions for getting serious with building the generation IV reactor here at the Idaho National Laboratory for hydrogen generation. Too bad that I'm going to be going into retirement just about the time it will be nearing initial criticality.

This is a bit of a coincidence....the mailman just brought me the CFM Verlag kit of the Prinz Eugen designed by a certain Thomas Pliner. Two nice kits in one day...my cup runneth over.