1/72 Paper soldiers

Discussion in 'Extended Mediums' started by paper warrior, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paper warrior

    paper warrior Member

    OK, I have figured out how to make plastic models into paper, but first I need to know how to make molds of the plastic ones. Any ideas?
  2. paper warrior

    paper warrior Member

    BTW I am going to 1/72 Paper soldiers hence the title.
  3. hpept

    hpept Member

    You can use silicone moulds. If model are simple you can do simple "well" moulds (which means that you can extract the model from the mould without breaking the mould), otherwise you have to make the mould in two halves (which is more difficult but not impossible). This is a common technique to reproduce resin casts, but i don't know if this fits what you want to do. I actually can't figure out how you can stuff the empty spaces in the mould with paper pulp.:???:
  4. paper warrior

    paper warrior Member

    Thanks, I would've never thought of using silicon. BTW if the pulp is wet enough it will just slide right in, then I can pack it tighter and add another layer of pulp.
  5. paper warrior

    paper warrior Member

    I will post a build style instruction of how to do this.
  6. Fishcarver

    Fishcarver Active Member

    Paper Warrior:

    There is a product out there called "Celluclay", which is an instant papiermache. What it consists of is paper, ground to a flour-like consistency, with dry adhesive (wallpaper paste) added. Just add water and pack the resulting dough-like substance into your mold.

    I do not know how Celluclay will take fine detail, but it is worth a shot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page