1/72 Hawker Sea Fury

I'm sure most of you are aware of this free model that has been available for years here: http://waspcv7.republika.pl/warsztat.htm. There are a few versions available. I chose the weathered one. The model includes a basic cockpit in case the modeler wants to make a plastic canopy.

Fuselage sections
SeaFury1.jpg

Assembled fuselage. So far, so good. I went with the opaque canopy. Sits a little tall compared to the real airplane.
SeaFury3.jpg

Wing sections. I decided to make folding wings. The extra wide scoop on the left wing is a Photoshop modification.
SeaFury2.jpg

Center wing section in place. I had to greatly modify the kit wing fairings.
SeaFury4.jpg

New fairings are in 2 pieces, and wrap around the chin nicely. These are fashioned from regular weight printer paper.
SeaFurywingroot.jpg

Spinner was a nightmare. Had to remove slivers of paper on the rear section so it would mate with the center section. Had to enlarge the tip by 2% so it would mate with the center section. Came out good in the end.
SeaFurySpinner.jpg

Tail planes and spinner are on
SeaFurycowlspinner.jpg

Standing on it's own three legs. Gear doors were (and are) the wrong shape. Every angle is wrong. I had to trim about 1/8" from the back so they wouldn't drag on the ground.
SeaFurywlegs.jpg

Folding wings are on
SeaFuryfoldingwingdetail.jpg

Pretty big fighter, but in 1/72 still fits in the palm of my hand
SeaFuryinhand.jpg

Tail hook fashioned from wire and painted white. Bump is missing from the fuselage bottom.
Tailhook.jpg

Mounted on its landing deck paper base.
Frombehind-full.jpg

A parting shot.
Fromside-full.jpg

Not a bad model, but not for beginners. The design flaws can be corrected for the most part - Photoshop or equivalent is a definite advantage.

Z

Zathros

All those fuselage sections and the plane looks seamless?! You are the man! :)

That's one of those sites I found a long time ago and got lost in the forest of eternal links, thanks for the refresher!

valmy33

well well well

I'm sure most of you are aware of this free model that has been available for years here: http://waspcv7.republika.pl/warsztat.htm. There are a few versions available. I chose the weathered one. The model includes a basic cockpit in case the modeler wants to make a plastic canopy.

Fuselage sections
SeaFury1.jpg

Assembled fuselage. So far, so good. I went with the opaque canopy. Sits a little tall compared to the real airplane.
SeaFury3.jpg

Wing sections. I decided to make folding wings. The extra wide scoop on the left wing is a Photoshop modification.
SeaFury2.jpg

Center wing section in place. I had to greatly modify the kit wing fairings.
SeaFury4.jpg

New fairings are in 2 pieces, and wrap around the chin nicely. These are fashioned from regular weight printer paper.
SeaFurywingroot.jpg

Spinner was a nightmare. Had to remove slivers of paper on the rear section so it would mate with the center section. Had to enlarge the tip by 2% so it would mate with the center section. Came out good in the end.
SeaFurySpinner.jpg

Tail planes and spinner are on
SeaFurycowlspinner.jpg

Standing on it's own three legs. Gear doors were (and are) the wrong shape. Every angle is wrong. I had to trim about 1/8" from the back so they wouldn't drag on the ground.
SeaFurywlegs.jpg

Folding wings are on
SeaFuryfoldingwingdetail.jpg

Pretty big fighter, but in 1/72 still fits in the palm of my hand
SeaFuryinhand.jpg

Tail hook fashioned from wire and painted white. Bump is missing from the fuselage bottom.
Tailhook.jpg

Mounted on its landing deck paper base.
Frombehind-full.jpg

A parting shot.
Fromside-full.jpg

Not a bad model, but not for beginners. The design flaws can be corrected for the most part - Photoshop or equivalent is a definite advantage.

Hi Rockpaperscissor

1. Well for the presentation

2. Well for the building of the kit

3. Well for the dio

Faithfully
Valmy:thumb::wave: