1/70 scale L.U.T,Crawler Transporter,Milkstool

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by londonbluemisty, May 11, 2009.

1. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Attached Files:

2. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Dang! Mama'd hang me out to dry if that arrived on the UPS truck! What an impressive piece of work!
  3. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Nothing less than impressive.
  4. David H

David H Member

So that's paper?

5. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

New LUT and Crawler Models from DM Productions

Hi Wayne,

Yes, I also got a mail from David Maier about this. I am a bit puzzled, however, that he didn´t make it to the common 1:72 scale instead of this unusual 1:70 scale - that would save those wanting to adapt the LUT to 1:72 models the trouble of having either to up-scale the Saturn models to 1:70, or to down-scale the whole LUT tower model to 1:72.

/Bengt :thumb:
  6. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

I have all 3 at 1/96 scale and the detail is fantastic!!
    Still to build them wall1(on my to do list)
  7. Nemesis7485

Nemesis7485 Member

This really is an impressive model. Excellent design work and building skills.
  8. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Hi Bengt,

Even though Dave's models are paper,it seems that he designs his kits for plastic models rather than paper.:confused:
    This 1/70 scale is for the Apogee Saturn V and 1B plastic model.wall1

When he released the Saturn 1B Launch pedastal (1/144 scale) I sent an E-mail to see if he was going to release it at 1/96 scale and his reply was WHY? There is not a 1/96 Saturn 1B model!!!
    I sent him a link to J Leslie's site to show him just what is available and that models do not have to be made from plastic:mrgreen:
    It worked,he released it!!:twisted:

9. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

10. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Did anyone actually get this kit yet, I have to admit that I am disappointed with the 1/96 version of the LUT, very very bad fit, poor graphics and I think I may have gotten one of the very 1st 1/96 kits as the paper is very very thin..

I hope that the 1/70 is not just a digital scale up...

John John