1:48 Saturn V S-1C Complete

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by George B, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Superb job! The extra detailing you added takes this excellent model to a even greater level.

Can't wait to see the next stage!

2. sergiotang95

sergiotang95 Member

3. bucksfan10

bucksfan10 New Member

I am new to this forum and am amazed at the amount of cool "stuff" here. But I am confused on one thing. I can't see any of the amazing pictures that everyone is commenting on. Am I missing something or is this due to the switch to a new hosting service? I would love to be able to see what everyone is talking about.
  4. rickstef

rickstef Guest

You pretty much answered your own question in your post.

All pictures which were attached as a file to a post pretty much have been lost, one of the drawbacks of posting pictures this way.

There is apparently some conflict with the older pictures and the pictures from cardmodels.net when they were merged.

Those threads which still have pictures are using third party photo hosting sites like Imageshack, photobucket and the like.

5. bucksfan10

bucksfan10 New Member

Thanks for the quick reply!
  6. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

can anyone tell me how to view that pictures that everyone is replying about? I can only for some reason see the 1st picture but the rest arent there. Help and please tell me more about the highly detailed Constellation model.
  7. George B

George B Senior Member

I'll add new links so they show back up.
  8. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

WOW ok I see them now. HOW DID YOU DO THE STRINGERS ON THAT THING? Please tell me. Thanks
  9. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

There is not much left to be said. You have a fine work of art, to show for Your efforts!

Hope You find the room for the upper stage too. You could always spend a few free days, (In the hot Florida sun), building a mock-up of the VAB in the back yard, (LOL). Of course You will have to get the EPA, SFWMA, County Permit Office, Parks Department, ......, to give Your permission. I will sign, and seal the plans, (But You will have to walk them thru, (You just might get approval in time for the upper-stages of the model to be published)).

Great work,

Call Me if You want to do the VAB, I'll get F & G, to start the site impact study Monday, (LOL)!
  10. George B

George B Senior Member

Well, first off I started with four layers of card stock glued together. Then, cut the stack to the correct length and used a matte cutter to achieve the 45 degree cut. Next I used another style paper cutter to sheer the strips to the desired width then simply glued them on one at a time.

I hope that made sense.
  11. George B

George B Senior Member

I got a better idea....I'll just modify my garage door and cut a cool shaped slit in the middle then just paint the NASA logo on the side...neighbors shouldn't mind too much. Oh yeah and tear up the driveway and lay down crushed Alabama river stone.....sweeeet!
  12. bucksfan10

bucksfan10 New Member

George B: Thanks for "redoing" the pictures. Other than that, I don't have anything else to say but what an awesome looking model!
  13. jasco

jasco Member

I have spent a few weeks away and return to see a new forum and this beautiful model! Excellent work. I love the Saturn V. I'm green with envy and can't wait to get back to work on my own projects.
  14. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

Hold on there big fella!

You will prob. be in voilation of some local code, or deed restriction, (LOL). Always keep in mind the the off. state soil in Florida, is Asphalt, (Alabama River Stone would not be allowed, (Unless it is bleached white, and scattered on the rear lawn of a intercostal home))! Damn I miss the brain damaged Snowbirds, with Pink Flam. stuck all over the yard!!

The Capsules for the Mercury/Atlas project are finished. If I do not hear back from Lars on the test build, (I will go on and release them to You, (and the group), in the morning). I know that You, and Hanners want them bad.
  15. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

WOw how long did it take you George? please tell me where I can get these tools. Your work is amazing. And Carl, you are really nice and you really like to help people.
  16. George B

George B Senior Member

It only took a few minutes to cut but two days to glue them on.

Depending on your budget, the Matt cutters vary in price considerably. You defiantly get what you pay for...(warning, buy cheap get cheap) The less expensive models do not cut as accurately. But if you are only going to use it for card models and not picture faming then it's not as important.

Here's a Logan Compact cutter.

I'm sure if you search eBay you'll find them cheaper.
  17. Mercsim

Mercsim Member

One day I'll build that Saturn! Great Job!

I have found a wealth of supplies at the local scrapbook store and the local craft store. I have not looked for a mat cutter but I will now. My favorite find at the scrapbook store is hundreds of colors of card stock. They also have hole punches in just about every size you can imagine up to about 3 inches. I use them all the time.

If you can dream it, you can build it....