1:48 Saturn V F-1 engine

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by McPeek, Apr 21, 2006.

1. the mole

the mole Member

2. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

New Thrust Structure for Saturn V 1:48 by Greelt

Good digging, mole,

This is a major improvement on Ton´s fine model.
    Thank you Greelt for making it available to the card modelling world - it´s a wonderful contribution!

Move on up the tower, by all means . . .

Bengt :grin:
  3. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

I warned you lot.....

Check out the new addition

Way to Go Greelt, spectacular work

John John
  4. Greelt

Greelt New Member

Thank you all for your reactions.
    Thanks John John for your great support.
    And yes, I'm going to build the complete Apollo / Saturn V this way.
    I'ts pretty time consuming, so please be patient.
  5. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Wow!!! Now I'm Drooling!!! Thanks again for this one!!!
  6. Hans Christian

BTW, will your Saturn V be including a LEM? Or are you just gonna leave it to the builder using U-Don's 1/48 scale LEM? And, will your Apollo capsule be having the cockpit/crew cabin? :-D
  7. Greelt

Greelt New Member

Hans Christian, to answer your questions : Yes I do plan to include a LEM and a cockpit interior, but that is still a long way from now.
  8. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

about 2.95 meters Id say

John John
  9. Hans Christian

Oh boy!!! My hands are Itching!!!! :-D
  10. McPeek

McPeek Member

Greelt, I have a question. What has inspired you too put some much time and effort into your Saturn V model you are designing?

Your work so far is simply amazing.
  11. Greelt

Greelt New Member

Some years ago I started building the International Space Station from Marscenter. As this project came to a halt for reasons we all know, I decided that I like to build a big project and since I could find nothing on the net that really appeal to me I decided to start my own project.
    That's all.
  12. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Marscenter Space Shuttle Models

Did you build any of the Marscenter Space Shuttles, by Raimondo Fortezza? And if so, what´s your opinion of them?

I´m working on a model project, where I combine the Marscenter Atlantis model (upscaled to A3, 1:72) and Pavel Bestr´s original Raketoplán Atlantis model from http://www.betexa.cz/eng/btx-ramy.html (under "Technical models" and "Space technology") which has the complete 'cockpit' interior, landing gear assembly (with wheel wells, doors and all the wheels) and the Magellan Venus planetary probe of the early STS-30 mission.
    (Btw, it still says on Betexa´s page that it is sold out but I was able to order and get a new print quite recently).

I´ve had some problems with getting the proper wing patterns to fit each other for the Atlantis and also with different colours of the bottom black/grey tile pattern (the underside of the shuttle) on the parts from the nose, the cargo bay and the main engine section.
    I know that Hans Christian is working on some modifications here.

It would be interesting to have your view on this, if any.

Link to the Marscenter Atlantis and Endeavour models (the Challenger, Columbia and Discovery models have been discontinued but they can probably be accessed with the help of the WayBack 'machine': http://web.archive.org/web/20040611112526/www.marscenter.it/eng/modellismospace.htm

Keep up the good work,
    Bengt :roll:
  13. McPeek

McPeek Member

Thanks Greelt and I will be looking forward too the progress of your Saturn V.
  14. Dnlgtr

Dnlgtr Member

I too look forward to this project. I was always trying to get the large Monogram plastic kit of the Saturn 5, But I never could.

Bengt, When did MarsCenter discontinue teh Challenger, Columbia and Discovery versions of their Shuttle kit?? I just downloaded the pages this past week. ( Aug 1. to be exact)
  15. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Dnlgtr, (?)

Try the link in my latest post and you´ll see what I mean.

16. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Here is a working link to the MARS Center.

All Space Shuttle versions are available as well as many other great models like the International Space Station.

Bengt, maybe there is something wrong with your link.

17. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

THANKS, Russel,

I haven´t seen this particular page before - I have it bookmarked now.
    The page I have was accessed through the Italian site "Marscenter - Modelissmo", under "Space Shuttle": http://web.archive.org/web/20040803120028/http://www.marscenter.it/ita/modellismo.htm
    -a while ago, the three models mentioned just disappeared.

Cyberspace is a bewildering place to be in . . .

Bengt :razz:
  18. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Oh OK, I understand now.

Maybe since the original site that you were using is removing the models, this might be an indication that they will not be available through my link either, pretty soon.

If you have not downloaded them yet, maybe you should get them while the getting is good!

19. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

I already have - a long time ago.

20. Hans Christian

The marscenter site sometimes change some of the URLs for their web pages, so its better to go to the home page first, I've been checking the home page & found the link for the models & all are working fine :-D