1/48 F9F Cougar - Blue Angels

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by exzealot, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Bowdenja:
    I just checked out your drawings. Very nice work. I have been an artist all my life and I can tell you, you are very talented. I hope you use these talents professionally. Your design turned out well. Interesting you said you have problems with color perception. I have the same problem. People can't figre out how I can be an artist and have difficulty differenciating certain colors. For me it is shades of gray and blue.

Anyway keep up the good work.

Anyway I just wanted to tell you h
  2. exzealot

exzealot Member

I'm done!

I just finished mounting the Cougar on the pedestal. As I did this I had this crazy vision: Design and build ALL Blue Angel aircraft from 1946 to the present. They would all be the same level of detail as this one (simple enough for anyone to build), and all of them mounted on the same pedestal!

Anyway, I think that would be really unique and very cool.

Enjoy the photos... Chris will be posting it on ecardmodels.com as soon as I come up with a set of assembly instructions and a sheet of "tails" with all the blue angel numbers so that you could build all of them if you wanted to! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Thanks for following the design and build.

Attached Files:

3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Wow! Ken!! :thumb:

On the Blue Angels from conception until now Rob46 (an ex-Blue Angel ground crew) did that with FG models and Kancho's F-11F. I'm sure if you need an info I can get it from him. And since they flew the Panther to you have already got a leg up so to speak!:wave:

Inquiring minds want to know............... How do you have the model on the pedestal?

I guess I could wait and see when I buy the model.......... but really no I want to know now! sign1

Tim Hinds.......... Thanks for the kind words.......... no this is just a hobby.

I have drawn a Cougar... it's on my site under the jets button......... it's a photo bird not a Blue Angel..........
  4. Janx

Janx Member

A Brilliant model, congrats.
  5. peter taft

peter taft Guest

A real BEAUTY !

SUPERB is one word to describe your work FANTASTIC is another, but announce1BLOODY MARVELOUS seems to hit the mark better. This is a very well designed model - very tight - very clean... good work my man ! your dedication shows out in this beauty. Regards and great respect to you. Pete :thumb:
  6. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

7. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Ken Just got my copy and I must say it's beautimus :D I really should up-grade from dial up though (big file :p ).

Only $3.00, you should've asked for more ;) Not complaining but it's worth more than that :D

Thanks for the great model. Really looking forward to getting your Panther.

8. ltla9000311

ltla9000311 Member

ken I just bought your Cougar and I gotta say it looks amazing. I won't be able to start on it right away, but it will be printed out and set in the build que. Thanks for a beautiful model!:thumb:
  9. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Pather is just waiting on instructions :) The BANE of designers :)