1/48 F9F-5 Panther - Blue Angels

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by exzealot, Mar 7, 2009.

1. exzealot

exzealot Member

I can try. I sent you the Cougar in a separate email.

2. lancer525

lancer525 Member

And the modeling world at large is salivating hungrily, awaiting the latest tasty morsel of paper delights...
  3. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

I sat in the cockpit of the Panther once at Chino Airport. It was an awesome plane.
  4. exzealot

exzealot Member

Here are some quick pics of the first build.

Take a look at the second picture.. Can you see the reason why it is important to build a trial run?? An easy fix...

Also, the little planes on the Blue Angels patch/logo have swept wings! I'll be fixing that too.

Attached Files:

5. lancer525

lancer525 Member

Ken, you have Mad Skills!
  6. exzealot

exzealot Member

I'm just having more fun than a male dog with a full bladder (in a warehouse of tires)! sign1

By the way, I queried the modelers on ecardmodels.com on their interest in the XB-70. I seems as though there is ample interest to justifiy a high quality model of this HUGE aircraft. I ordered a book from Amazon tonight on the Valkyrie. It was written by Tony Landis and Dennis Jenkins. These guys are the foremost experts on the X-Planes - particularly the X-15.

7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

XB-70......... cool!

Upsidedown Blue Angel emblem:p............ happens to the best of us!:thumb:

8. dhanners

dhanners Member

The thought of you bringing your considerable talent, skills and attention to detail to something like the XB-70 boggles the mind.

What scale are you thinking of?
  9. exzealot

exzealot Member

The trial build of the Panther is finished.

Attached are pictures.

NEXT: Clean up minor problems, then a final build to verify that everything lines up and assembles as intended. (including rotating the RH blue angels insignia 180 degrees)!

Enjoy the pictures -

Attached Files:

10. exzealot

exzealot Member

By the way, the Cougar and Panther kits have a page of alternative rudders with all the Blue Angel numbers included. If you wanted to, you can build the famous "Diamond Formation".

Attached Files:

11. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Oh my, I need to change my shorts :D :D :D

Off to get your Cougar now ;)

12. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

It looks good. Can't wait!
  13. OhioMike

OhioMike Member

I wonder if you could also offer either a plain B&W or darker plain Navy blue one? I have been wanting a Brubaker F9F for years!
  14. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OhioMike......... not to make any promises, but lets just say it might be out soon. :twisted:

Along with a few others.

15. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

In doing a little research on Brubaker's Panther.......... I did find a few "movie" inconsitancies that are to be expected.

But overall it should not be too hard to re-color.

Here is the profile from Wings Pallet.............

Attached Files:

16. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I have already OK re-coloring with Ken....... he gets the final say so on if they are good enough to release. These will go through Chris' Store site I'm sure.

I'm working on the Cougar now........ Panther when he gets it released.

I do want to do "The Blue Tailed Fly", and Brubaker's Panther of course.

Any other request?

17. OhioMike

OhioMike Member

Looking forward to this to say the least....Could someone provide a link for access to the store selling these? Thanks.
  18. OhioMike

OhioMike Member

On a side note there Bow, Great drawings. I bought most of Fiddlers greens heli kits and the S-51 especially because Forney flew that in Toko-Ri! Wish they offered it in the right colors for Navy! I see you have a great drawing of it though, are all your drawings B&W? Do you sell them?
  19. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Here is the link for Ken's releases......

I've been thinking about doing a re-color of the FG model just for the same reason. I was actually trying to design a model of it, but they beat me to the punch.

On my drawings I mostly do B&W with some color splashes. My technique doesn't lend itself to much color, with a few exceptions, the drawings come off as coloring book like if I try to add too many different colors.

They can be download from the site..... at 300dpi, of if you'd like I can send you a pdf of any that you would like.

On the re-colors....... if approved by Ken they will be released through Chris' store at the original price......

20. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Thanks for getting the link up :)