1:400 JSC Yamato

Andrew Austin

Hi,

I have recently finished a model of the Yamato (JSC, 1:400) and I would like to share with the forum some of my pictures. This is my 3rd ship model and my first attempt at 1:400 scale. Although the design is excellent, the model is, in my opinion, let down by the lack of instructions. It was partially this fact that made constructing the model a long project (over a year). But I think the results are worth it.

Your comments would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew Austin

Hi,

I have recently finished a model of the Yamato (JSC, 1:400) and I would like to share with the forum some of my pictures. This is my 3rd ship model and my first attempt at 1:400 scale. Although the design is excellent, the model is, in my opinion, let down by the lack of instructions. It was partially this fact that made constructing the model a long project (over a year). But I think the results are worth it.

Your comments would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Andrew

Amazyah

Fantastic job Andrew!
This is my most favorite ship, I just love it!
I think it is one of the most graceful and majestic looking ships and you have certainly done her justice!
I just recently bought Halinski's version of this one and I can only hope to do as well as you!
Beautiful work! How do you plan to protect her?

Russell

Amazyah

Fantastic job Andrew!
This is my most favorite ship, I just love it!
I think it is one of the most graceful and majestic looking ships and you have certainly done her justice!
I just recently bought Halinski's version of this one and I can only hope to do as well as you!
Beautiful work! How do you plan to protect her?

Russell

cmdrted

Fantastic job Andrew! How was the parts fit? This hull was their triangular piece fit thru the hull bukheads, how did that go? As Barry posted, more pics!

cmdrted

Fantastic job Andrew! How was the parts fit? This hull was their triangular piece fit thru the hull bukheads, how did that go? As Barry posted, more pics!

Teamski

WOW! Great job on the ship! Really clean job, mate! How do you do your rigging? Any pointers? That ship looks like it would take forever, hehehehe. I have the kit as well, but not the gumption to start it up just yet. Thanks for sharing your pictures. You did a pro job, that's for sure.

-Ski

Teamski

WOW! Great job on the ship! Really clean job, mate! How do you do your rigging? Any pointers? That ship looks like it would take forever, hehehehe. I have the kit as well, but not the gumption to start it up just yet. Thanks for sharing your pictures. You did a pro job, that's for sure.

-Ski

Clashster

Beautiful build, Andrew! I always seem to look longingly at this one... Seeing one built makes that itch grow stronger! Great job! And yes, more pictures!

Chris

Clashster

Beautiful build, Andrew! I always seem to look longingly at this one... Seeing one built makes that itch grow stronger! Great job! And yes, more pictures!

Chris

Andrew Austin

Some more photos

Hi,

Thanks for your comments. I have posted some more photos.

I usually protect my ships by building a clear plastic case (perspex?). To save on space (and cost!) I usually put more than one model each each case.

The triangular formers for the hull had me sratching my head for a while - but now I do see the benefit, it allows a strong and stable base without the need to reinforce the formers.

As for the rigging, I used cotton thread (I find you actually have to use cotton, not polyester). I hang it with a weight and use super glue to make the tread solid, it is then relatively easy to cut to length and apply.

Regards,

Andrew

Andrew Austin

Some more photos

Hi,

Thanks for your comments. I have posted some more photos.

I usually protect my ships by building a clear plastic case (perspex?). To save on space (and cost!) I usually put more than one model each each case.

The triangular formers for the hull had me sratching my head for a while - but now I do see the benefit, it allows a strong and stable base without the need to reinforce the formers.

As for the rigging, I used cotton thread (I find you actually have to use cotton, not polyester). I hang it with a weight and use super glue to make the tread solid, it is then relatively easy to cut to length and apply.

Regards,

Andrew

Amazyah

That is one awesome build!
I don't know what else to say. Just awesome!
That superstructure looks spectacular from every angle!
I really like the picture taken between the light rays coming through the string holes of your blinds!
That is one beautiful pic! Fantastic job, Andrew!!!

Russell

Amazyah

That is one awesome build!
I don't know what else to say. Just awesome!
That superstructure looks spectacular from every angle!
I really like the picture taken between the light rays coming through the string holes of your blinds!
That is one beautiful pic! Fantastic job, Andrew!!!

Russell

shoki2000

I'm afraid to tackle this monster at 1:200 scale and you actually build her at 1:400???
This is one beautiful example of cardmodeling skill!
Outstanding, simply outstanding!

shoki2000

I'm afraid to tackle this monster at 1:200 scale and you actually build her at 1:400???
This is one beautiful example of cardmodeling skill!
Outstanding, simply outstanding!