1/400 JSC Yamato

andrewthewise

Model: IJN Yamato
Publisher: JSC
Scale: 1/400
Format: A4
Designer: Unknown
Parts Count: c.2000+

This model comes in a 14-page A4 booklet and is published by JSC, Poland. This is one of the finest JSC models that I have examined. The model can only be built to the waterline and is about 65cm long when completed. It depicts the Yamato in 1944, after modification (additional AA guns).

The model uses JSC’s triangular formers. I believe there are around 2000+ pieces on this model making exceptionally well detailed (main and secondary batteries can rotate and the barrels elevate). Printing is very good, and three aircraft, complete with wing-jigs are included on the last page.

JSC does not produce a photo-etch set for the Yamato. However I am fairly certain that a PE set for a plastic Yamato is available. The only thing that is lacking is a set of English instructions, however there is a decent set of line drawings to aid the builder.

Cheers,

Andrew

JHS

Alas, nobody ever made the YAMATO in 1:400 scale in plastic. Thus, no photoetch exist in that scale for the ship. That JSC model is truly impressive.

JHS

Alas, nobody ever made the YAMATO in 1:400 scale in plastic. Thus, no photoetch exist in that scale for the ship. That JSC model is truly impressive.

cmdrted

Gpm has photo etched railings in 1/400 scale and makes brass barrels for most of the JSC kits, I thing their general address is GPM.pl The rest will have to be done the old fashioned way, wire bits and super glue.