1/35 Russian tanks

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by charliec, May 22, 2004.

1. charliec

charliec Active Member

There are 2 models of 1/35 Russian tanks:
    T-38 ( 1930s amphibious tank) http://jtdigest.narod.ru/dig2_04/museum.htm
    T-70 ( WW2 light tank) http://jtdigest.narod.ru/dig2_04/museum2.htm

It looks to me as if old designs from the "Young Technician" magazine are being recycled. The printing and colouring are fairly crude by modern standards. However there aren't many models around of these tanks. I suspect these models might be better as 1/72 after recolouring/resizing.

2. charliec

charliec Active Member

I've rescaled the JT Digest T-70 as 1/72 and am in the process of building it -
    it looks like it's going to come out as a model something like the PaperTigerArmaments models.

Please indicate if interested in this model. If so I'll work it up to a postable form.

3. George

George Member

You can also find a good T70 on this link:

Russian instructions...but you can't have it all!!!
  4. charliec

charliec Active Member

The build diagrams in Bug's model make the text unecessary. Be warned about this model - it needs reinforcement on the hull sides otherwise the road wheels won't sit straight because the sides bend inward from the model's weight. It's a nice model though - pretty accurate and not too difficult to build.

There aren't too many models around of the WW2 Soviet light tanks - there's supposed to be an old Maly model of the T-70 but I haven't heard any reports about that.

It's a pity Bug seems to have vanished - he had a number of interesting AFV model designs on his website.

5. Macaloni

Macaloni New Member

@Charlie: I've bought a T-26 produced by ModelCard. This model is not longer available, i think. I've scanned the pages and if you are interested, i'll put the scans on my server so you can download them, but you have to resize it because the scale is 1:25.