1/32 scale

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by Catt, May 28, 2002.

  1. Catt

    Catt Guest

    Anybody know where I can find a conversion chart online for 1/32 scale?
  2. sumpter250

    sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

    Not sure what you mean by "conversion chart".
  3. Tyson Rayles

    Tyson Rayles Active Member

    I think a chart that will tell what 1", 3", 1 ft. etc. in real life equals in 1/32 scale. Catt 1/32 is a popular military scale, you might try some of those sites.
  4. billk

    billk Active Member

    Catt - Does your computer have a spreadsheet (Excel, for example). It's real easy using a spreadsheet to make a conversion chart. Let me know if you need help.
    Bill K
  5. 60103

    60103 Pooh Bah



    The quick conversion is right on your ruler*. 1/32 scale is 3/8 inch to 1 foot. 1/32" is 1 inch; 1/16" is 2 inches.

    It's also twice S scale, so you could use an S scale ruler at twice the dimensions.

    *(Unless you bought a danged Canajan ruler that's marked off in killy meters.)
  6. WVRR

    WVRR Member

    That's centimeters...LOL...a killy meter would be a very long ruler....lol...acually being a canadian myself I mix imperial and metric in model railroading, all my benchwork and grades are done with the imperial system, all my buildings and scratchbuilding I do in metric. 1:32 scale is acually bigger then O scale, where 3/8" equals 1 foot. 1/32" to the foot would acually be half as small as N scale, 1:320th is smaller then Z. When it comes to models like this Catt, 1:32 and 1:35 have very little difference and come in a variety of military vehicles and airplanes and some imported kits are also 1:35th. So to answer your question 3/8" = 1 foot and it works out to 1:32, twice the size of S scale
  7. 60103

    60103 Pooh Bah

    I meant feet, I thought feet, I typed inches.

    I'll be turning into another B.S. Johnson.

    (1:32 scale is gauge 1 in the NMRA standards.)
  8. WVRR

    WVRR Member

    LOL, I get that way too sometimes...I think one thing and type something else. Anyone who has a problem working in any other scale should pick up an engineers or an architects triangle sided ruler...It gives you 11 different scales on each. I have one of each and I don't use any other rulers for measuring. They work great and they already have the conversions done with the sizes on them, much like a scale rule except with more flexibility. Staedtler makes all sorts of scale triangular shaped rulers
  9. Catt

    Catt Guest

    1:32 is the scale varient of gauge 1. Gauge 1 is like O gauge it is tinplate as compared to scale.Though gauge 1 and 1:32 both use G gauge(is there really such a thing?) track ,but as standard gauge compared to Gs narrow gauge status.

    None of this actually answers my origonal quest though.I'm still looking for an online 1:32 scale conversion chart.
  10. billk

    billk Active Member

    Catt - Something like this?
    Bill K
  11. WVRR

    WVRR Member

  12. coachsig

    coachsig Member


    Try printmini.com Click "GENERAL"......Hobby Calculator

    I think this may be what you are looking for!

Share This Page