1/32 lem available?

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Odysseus, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Odysseus

Odysseus New Member

Does anyone know of a 1/32 Lunar module. I'd like to do it as a companion piece to the Revell 1/32 CSM.
  2. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

The biggest scale I have seen a L.M is 1/48:curse:
    If you have the means and a program to rescale 150%,then this would give you 1/32.

3. wedge

wedge Member

I´m slowly working on my LM 1:24 ... but this information is not helpful :D :D The idea is : You can make your scratchbuild... I will continue on my LM right after the Moldy crow
  4. JJD

JJD New Member

From "Dark Forces"....??
  5. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

1:32 Lunar Module Model

Hi Odysseus,

If you have the possibility of printing on roughly European A3 size paper (297 x 420 mm), you can upscale the FREE Japanese U-Don 1:48 LM model (a PDF file) by 150% - that will give you a detailed 1:32 LM model.

I did that a while ago, and I am in the process of building it. I have an EPSON Stylus Photo R1800 ink jet printer, which enables me to print in the larger than Letter format.

All the best from Stockholm,
    Bengt :thumb:
  6. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

Also two LEM models in 1:48 at the Lower Hudson Valley Challenger Center (jleslie48.com). You'd just have to cut and paste, then enlarge them.

7. the u-don lem(1;50) is probably the best around , there is a 1;24 Lem around from Schreiber, but that is an old design in everyway
  8. aphelion16

aphelion16 Member

The LEM's at jon leslie's site are reproductions of a model distributed at the time of the Apollo 11 landing at Gulf Oil gas stations.It was'nt intended to be very accurate or detailed. Udons model is quite good. With some additional work it turns out looking very nice. Printing it at 150 % is an easy and accurate way to enlarge.
  9. wedge

wedge Member

10. aphelion16

aphelion16 Member

Apollo 15 diorama

Wedge that is outstanding work. :thumb: Better than any plastic model I have seen. Now I guess I better do my Apollo 17 model darn it. sign1
  11. Odysseus

Odysseus New Member

Is there anyone who has resized these PDF.'s to 1/32 or has the ability to do so? I tried resize on a copier and only succeeded in making a mess....:cry:wall1
  12. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

You'll need them printed at 145% - might be able to get a print shop (cost?) to do it directly on 12x16 inch sheets. Otherwise, you can use Adobe's snapshot tool to cut and paste parts into another graphics program and enlarge them there. Some work, but not difficult. If you do it that way, make sure you don't change the zoom setting in Adobe until you're done (to keep the parts' scale consistent).

Did a modification to the NASA-JPL Mars Polar Lander model that way to go from 1:24 to 1:12 (and added some additional piece/parts). Assuming someone hasn't done this already or has a program that imports from Adobe and will share.

Mars Polar Lander with Phoenix mods
    P3200010.jpg 1:24

P5110005.jpg 1:12
  13. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

Correction - print at 150% to go from 1:48 to 1:32 as London and Bengt pointed out.