1/32 Goodyear F2G Super Corsair

Aaaahhh! The beauty of air racing meets paper, has come to reality and rests on my desk!
I have finally put my hands upon the long awaited kit which is the creation of the overly humble, William Aldridge. This kit is available now,from Michael Krol at www.gremirmodels.com
The kit comes in 2 versions, 1949 and the restored 1999, each with the builders choice of variations such as, landing gear extended or retracted, flaps up or down, canopy opened or closed and moveable control surfaces.
Two great models in one kit, what a bargain! Not only does one get a great kit, you can follow along with the designers build progress here http://www.cardmodels.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5129

The kit consists of 2 pages of laminations and 10 pages of parts for each version, as well as 1 page of diagrams, the history of the Super Corsair, written instructions and a parts list. I find the parts list to be an excellent aid in finding which page certain parts are located and is an excellent feature.

As the owner of nearly one thousand models, (not counting freebies) I have held in my hands, preprinted kits from many different manufacturers and designers. I must say that I am very impressed with this kit as I believe it is above the quality of GPM and Modelik's latest kits and mostly resembles that of Halinski. The tiniest of details are present in the print, from the writing on the propeller blades to the "hands" of the dials and gauges in the cockpit.
The directions and diagrams are well thought out and hints, tips, and more diagrams, appear throughout all the pages, minimizing confusion and aiding the builder as much as possible.
Although this kit is well thought out and planned, it is definately not for the beginner. Just one look at the parts pages tells you, this kit was made for the experienced modeler.

While I did buy Will's last printed protoype kit, it is a high quality print job and far exceeds the capabilities of my printer. Will did tell me that for direct orders of pre-printed kits he will be using a professional printer soon. I myself, will be going this route for my orders from Will.

I am really looking forward to building this plane and also of owning the next version very soon, which is still in the works.

Thank you Will, for this gorgeous model. The amount of work that went into it is extremely evident! Owning this kit is the next best thing to owning the real thing, it just doesn't get any better than this! Job well done, sir!

Russell

rlwhitt

Aug 25, 2006
Clemmons, NC, USA
Thanks for the review Russell! I just clicked in an order for one. The Corsair is one of my favorite planes, and I'm glad to add this one to my long to-do list!

Rick

Willja67

Feb 12, 2005
Grantsville,Utah
I think I'm turning the same shade as my model Russell. But thank you for the kind words. As with most people who take on a project I have fallen in love with the subject and can't get enough of it. This is in my gallery but I couldn't resist the temptation to post it here as well:

000_00941.jpg

Beautifull isn't she? And this is the beta. There are so many mistakes in this model that have since been corrected but she was so good looking I had to finish her anyway.

rlwhitt

Aug 25, 2006
Clemmons, NC, USA
Just got the reg code and had a look. VERY nice, can't wait to give it a whirl. The construction drawings are very nicely done Kudos Will!

That motor! Lord did this thing really have 28 cylinders? I might have to take Will's tip and do only the first 2 rows.

One thing that's kind of annoying, perhaps I should take it up with Michael, every time I launch the viewer, I get like 4 error messages about having no disk in drive (G: ). In my case that's a card reader slot! ????

Rick

RAleischman

Dec 12, 2006
Error message

If you do find out the reason for the error message, please post it...I get the same error.

Thanks,
Russ (a different one!)

shoki2000

Feb 6, 2004
Tampa, FL - USA
www.gremirmodels.com
Rick and Russ,
Please send me screen shots of the error messages and description when exactly the error occurs.
I will forward this to the author of the program to find out what causing it.

PS
Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!

Gil

Jan 25, 2004
Northern Bear Flag Republic
Can't Even View the Purchase

I seem to be having problems even viewing it with the "viewer". Seems it needs a direct connect printer in order to perform viewing and doesn't seem to be compatible with networked systems. Fairly intrusive piece of software as it returns that information to the vendor as part of the installation...,

-Gil

rlwhitt

Aug 25, 2006
Clemmons, NC, USA
Here are the screen shots of errors. I get 2 without the drive letter, one with, and then another without. Everything else seems to work fine.

Rick

Attachments

• ScreenShot002.jpg
    ScreenShot002.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 121
  • ScreenShot003.jpg
    ScreenShot003.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 102

shoki2000

Feb 6, 2004
Tampa, FL - USA
www.gremirmodels.com
Gil said:
I seem to be having problems even viewing it with the "viewer". Seems it needs a direct connect printer in order to perform viewing and doesn't seem to be compatible with networked systems. Fairly intrusive piece of software as it returns that information to the vendor as part of the installation...,

-Gil

Gil,
It is compatible with networked systems - I have several customers registering models with network printers. The only issue is that the DataViewer must see the driver for the printer otherwise it returns the message that there are no printers and it will not allow me to create the Reg key

gwssms

Feb 7, 2004
Now I am getting the same error messages too but I find that if I click the continue button enough times it finally opens the model.

gwssms

Feb 7, 2004
Just a quick update - I successfully printed the entire 1949 version with no troubles. What a beautiful kit. Thank you, Will.
Gary