1:3 scale Ferrari... Medium - Pure Italian Love

Discussion in 'Extended Mediums' started by Stev0, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

2. matt512s

matt512s New Member

Wanted: 1:1 scale 512S

Hi All!
    I too drool over this beautiful model. I understand it not only looks right
    it also sounds right. If I could only get accurate plans for the 1970 512S, the
    next model would be full scale!
    Best Wishes;
  3. xyberz

xyberz Member

I saw the whole video of the guy who did that. Definitely have to say that is amazing talent and patience right there. Everything was hand fabricated and took well over 10 years to complete the whole thing.
    The maker says that if there were a person small enough, he could actually drive it like the full scale racer.
    That's sheer determination and a true passion right there. Gotta lay my hat down to people like those who think that nothing is impossible.
  4. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

The mind just boggles...not only I, but "She Who Must Be Obeyed" were impressed beyond all belief.
  5. Grizz

Grizz Member

WOW! How amazing is that!?

Slightly bigger, add some blades and you would have an awesome ride-on mower to chase the cat with.

6. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Amazing, Stev0!

The quiet and focused dedication and absolutely professional yet self-taught engineering skills to endure and build this fully functional 1:3 scale dream racing car just blows my mind. :-o
    Even the engine sounds like a real Ferrari, with a functioning RPM gauge!

I have a plan for a R/C flying 1:5 scale model airplane from WW I that I probably will spend a couple of years on, on and off, but that is nothing compared to this guy´s work.
    Very inspiring, though.

Thanks for the link.
    Bengt :D
  7. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

I would like to nominate him for Saint Hood. Absolutely incredible model

Jim Nunn
  8. xyberz

xyberz Member

About the fully operational scale model plane. I remember seeing something on the net from a dentist in Hawaii who actually did something like that. It took him very many years but he made a completely custom one off scale model of a working plane. It was incredibly intricate and was definitely smaller than 1/3 scale.
    I'm also interested in small to micro scale modeling, so I stumble upon a lot of cool stuff.

ARMORMAN Guest

10. xyberz

xyberz Member

Yep that's the guy. Amazing talent and skill. :grin: