1/144 scale Heavy Gear church

Jakar Nilson

Nov 22, 2008
Some of you might be familiar with the game Heavy Gear. In short, it's a 1/144 scale miniature game about 4 meter tall robot tanks in the far future. Anyways, a few years back, Paul Lesack made a slew of paper buildings to use in games. While reading one of the books, I noticed that the description of Revisionist churches* was similar enough (in my mind) to the paper buildings, so I thought why not make a paper kit? Taking the description (which had windows in corners and a dome) and images from the books, I came up with this:

P1010205.jpg

P1010206.jpg

P1010207.jpg

P1010208.jpg

You can download it (and the other buildings) here:
http://www.dp9.com/index.php?option=com_jotloader&view=categories&cid=21&Itemid=165

* Revisionism is a major religion in Heavy Gear, created on Terra Nova, the main setting of the game.

Jakar Nilson

Nov 22, 2008
Back when I released this model, I tried but failed to make some spiffy railings for the church roof (and other buildings. The reason it has taken so long to get back to this is that I wanted to get them done right in a 3D program and unfold them. I kept getting the same glitch over and over. Then today, I discovered a plugin for Google Sketchup that allows one to unfold objects. Hurrah!

Anyways, I redid the second page and I would like some help testing the new railings. Like the previous version, there are railings for all three building lengths:
http://www.freewebs.com/jakarnilson/HG_revision_2.pdf

Z

Zathros

It's pretty cool to see someone stick with something so long. Very inspirational! :)

Jakar Nilson

Nov 22, 2008
Since I got the math wrong the first time, and since the model is posted on the game's official website, I feel obligated to correct that mistake.

Plus, I want to make sure everything fits before I start colouring (and despite the 3D processing, something could have gone wrong when I tinkered on it in Illustrator)