1/144 scale Heavy Gear church

Discussion in 'Free Models' started by Jakar Nilson, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Jakar Nilson

Jakar Nilson New Member

Some of you might be familiar with the game Heavy Gear. In short, it's a 1/144 scale miniature game about 4 meter tall robot tanks in the far future. Anyways, a few years back, Paul Lesack made a slew of paper buildings to use in games. While reading one of the books, I noticed that the description of Revisionist churches* was similar enough (in my mind) to the paper buildings, so I thought why not make a paper kit? Taking the description (which had windows in corners and a dome) and images from the books, I came up with this:

You can download it (and the other buildings) here:

* Revisionism is a major religion in Heavy Gear, created on Terra Nova, the main setting of the game.
  2. Jakar Nilson

Jakar Nilson New Member

Back when I released this model, I tried but failed to make some spiffy railings for the church roof (and other buildings. The reason it has taken so long to get back to this is that I wanted to get them done right in a 3D program and unfold them. I kept getting the same glitch over and over. Then today, I discovered a plugin for Google Sketchup that allows one to unfold objects. Hurrah!

Anyways, I redid the second page and I would like some help testing the new railings. Like the previous version, there are railings for all three building lengths:
  3. Zathros

Zathros Guest

It's pretty cool to see someone stick with something so long. Very inspirational! :)
  4. Jakar Nilson

Jakar Nilson New Member

Since I got the math wrong the first time, and since the model is posted on the game's official website, I feel obligated to correct that mistake.

Plus, I want to make sure everything fits before I start colouring (and despite the 3D processing, something could have gone wrong when I tinkered on it in Illustrator)