1/144 Flying Razorback

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Texman, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Texman

Texman Guest

After a hiatus for relocation and setup, I built the FG F-16 in the colors of the 188FW out of Ft Smith in honor of my wife and our new home here in Arkansas. The tail repaint is courtesy of Roger Accurso, and a nice job it is. My humblest thanks to him for doing it.

I did make some changes to the kit, as it is dated 1998, and not current standard at all, so there were some fit problems and a radome problem I just couldn't fix without major surgery. Still, I fixed the panel lines (redrawn) and lightened, scratchbuilt landing gear, scratchbuilt wheels, added landing gear doors, added the 20mm gun muzzle panel, and repositioned the horizontal stabs. In addition, I lightened the original paint colors, as they were way to dark, and painted the canopy with a bronze acrylic to better simulate the tint of the canopy. Then, using a series of paints, chalks, and SnJ silver powder, I gave the tailcone a facelift. On the front, I added a pitot tube to the nose. As a final touch, the entire airframe was given a random dusting of chalks to lightly weather the airframe.

And so, here with all the uglies, the F-16.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      File size:
      26.3 KB
    • 2.jpg
      File size:
      23.6 KB
    • 3.jpg
      File size:
      25.6 KB
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Cool Tex! Where in Arkansas did y'all relocate to?
  3. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Nice job! That's what I like about the FG kits - build as is or detail to your heart's content.
  4. Texman

Texman Guest

Hey John,

We relocated to Conway, about 25 miles North of Little Rock.

5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey, alright!:thumb:

I know it well...... well, well enough that is where me and the wife stopped for the night on our honeymoon trip to Eureka Springs. (a long time ago sign1)

Is this a permanent billet?

6. Texman

Texman Guest

Yup. Retired after 21 years active service, bought a house, the whole hog. Which, speaking of, if your up this way, let me know. The whole hog cafe has some mighty fine BBQ. Second to mine, of course.

7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Glad y'all settled down........ And I will take you up on that offer. We are trying to make it up that this fall, if everything goes as planned......

Hopefully we will be seeing a lot more of them tiny models you are so famous for!:thumb: