1/144 F-100 Beta build

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Texman, May 1, 2005.

1. Texman

Texman Guest

Just uploaded a few pics of the excellent beta by Rob Carleen. I used Red River silver paper, white cardstock for the vertical and horizontal stabilizers, and regular paper for the wing tip markings. Made rolled
    landing gear struts instead of flat struts, and made a former for the intake
    to get the proper shape.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Tex,

Yeah I got a copy of the N.M. Air national Guard version of the
    F-100 from Rob and assembled a "test model" (I try to do that before doing an actual build), And it turned out great, but I think the version I have is about 1:48th scale or so, its very close to the size of the plastic kit version that I built years ago.
    I plan on building the the model using silver paper myself soon as I get around to buying some. But even on white paper the model looks great.
    Everyone be on the look out for the F-100's by Rob to come out at fiddlersgreen soon.
    I will try to get some photos of mine posted.

Greg aka GEEDUBBYA(gw)
  3. 46rob

46rob Member

Both your planes look great. Here's another done by Tim Allen, up in Winnepeg. He took the seat from FG's F-85 Goblin and built a homebrew ladder. One is in RR paper and the other in 67# gray paper. Thanks for taking the time to build them and psot some pix. FG has the files now and the three versions (Tbird, ANG and 174 TFS) should be out soon. I've also stretched the nose a bit, and done a two seat F100-F (614 TFS) "Misty" fast forward air control. However I've not sent that one off anywhere except to the Misty veteran's website--giving them first option to publish it. Check my album for pictures
  4. 46rob

46rob Member

Texman--is that your model in picture of the week?
  5. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Indeed it is, Rob! Great eye!

Superb model, Ray, and one that deserves this honor for sure!