1/144 Beechcraft Debonair

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Texman, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Texman

Texman Guest

Just a couple of pics of my latest. It is a model of the Beechcraft Debonair.
    This was a modification to the FG Bonanza kit, done by Jim Gausman.
    According to FG, the original Bonanza kit was designed over
    TWENTY years ago. And it is rough around the edges, by todays standards.
    Found it tucked away in one of the folders in my Mega CD
    and thought, why not.

Attached Files:

2. Texman

Texman Guest

And the next

Attached Files:

3. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Nice job. Looks like a fair amount of modification - engine cowl, rudder and elevators, window. Anything I miss?
  4. airbob

airbob Member

Nice job on the modified teenie white little triwheeled beechie there....I love the little planes!!!:wink:
  5. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Great job Texman!
  6. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Any chance of the modified version being available? Being a pilot I occasionally bump into Beech owners.

7. Texman

Texman Guest

If you purchased the Fiddlers Green Mega A/C cd's it is located in the
    Bonanza folder. That's the only place to find it.

8. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Ray, are you saying that your modified cowl and such would be included with the purchase? I guess I was wondering if your modification was done strictly on your aircraft, or if you did it digitally such that the nice lines of your model could be accurately reproduced.

9. Texman

Texman Guest

I did not modify the kit. As mentioned in my original post, the modification
    was done by Jim Gausman. I did nothing other than down size and build it.
    The entire little kit is in the bonanza folder, as a separate model, modified
    by Jim Gausman.

10. -Jim G

-Jim G Member

Thanks for bringing my attention to your build of '8-6-Zero-Romeo'. This was my Dad's airplane when I was a wee little kid. This was also the first paper model that I modified.

I agree with you that the FG Bonanza (and Debonair) look rough on the model sheet. They look amazingly good when they are built.

I have to say that I very much admire your abilities working in that small scale. Your model is beautiful!

One thing that I learned when modifying it is that Beech used the same stabilizers on the Debonair as they did on the Bonanza - they just flattened them out and added a new vertical stabilizer!

-Jim G
  11. -Jim G

-Jim G Member

One more thing about the debonair model is that it is depicted as it looked in the early 1960's. The vertical tail is not faired into the fuselage. Sometime later, Beech made the vertical tails more graceful looking and many of the older planes were later modified to the new tail surfaces.

8-6-0-Romeo is one of the planes that eventually had the tail modification.

:sad: I was saddened to learn that on December 28, 2004 this airplane crashed in Texas. Fortunately, the pilot (the sole occupant) was able to walk away from the wreck. http://ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20050105X00018&key=1

-Jim G
  12. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Engines don't like to run when it's dark out?
  13. -Jim G

-Jim G Member