1/12 scale miss bud

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by johnjohn_boy, Jun 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnjohn_boy

johnjohn_boy New Member

anyone had any problems w/ the stock prop? i pulled this boat right out of the box and the engine sounds good but the boat won't go over 10 mph! it has the stock plastic prop. is it flatening out? flexing too much?
  2. johnjohn_boy

johnjohn_boy New Member

cool, thanx!
  3. Ron Olson

Ron Olson Member

Not dead, kind of just.............uh.........slow. We're not one of the bigger R/C hobbies.
    Anyhow, back to your question. Yes, the stock prop sucks. The main problem is that it sucks air as in cavitation. You have to give the boat a level toss with the motor wound up just a little. The Miss Bud has to maintain a decent speed while running or else it will start cavitating again. You can replace the prop with an Octura Y535 or X435 to help you out because the stock prop does flex.
  4. johnjohn_boy

johnjohn_boy New Member

alright. i will do that, thanx! that makes scince. where would i get a prop that would prevent this from happening?
  5. Ron Olson

Ron Olson Member

One site is www.funrcboats.com that has the props that you need. Look around in there, they have a section that shows you how to sharpen and balance props if you have never done this before.
  6. johnjohn_boy

johnjohn_boy New Member

that site is great and will be alot of help, thanx! i am new to this side of r/c! i have planes, cars and trucks but these are my first boats. thanx again
  7. Ron Olson

Ron Olson Member

You're welcome. I'll be waiting for your next questions and problems with this boat.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.