1/12 Miss Budweiser vs. Custom made-Price Diff.

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by bandit1, May 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bandit1

bandit1 Member

hey.
    I am basically a complete newb with rc boating. My freind has got a Miss Budweiser, which is very cool and surprisingly fast for RTR. So he basically got me hooked on these things, with the rooster tails and speed they produce. So I saw the price of the Miss Bubweiser, and others and wasnt too happy with the price. So my question is, would the time put into building a custom made one, compare at all with just buying the Miss Budweiser, and maybe hopping it up?

If I go down the custom route, whats the difficulty, and is it possible to make a dual engine boat? and yes, i want it to be nitro! thanks guys.
  2. Ron Olson

Ron Olson Member

First of all, if you are a Newbie, avoid a multi-engined Nitro boat like the plague! Get about 10 years experience before even attempting a twin, seriously Dude.
    Sorry, I'm not a fan of any ProBoat boat so I'll leave it at that.
    Wanna whoop on him? Nitro Hammer or CEN Aqua Jet, especially in rough water that he'd park his boat in.
  3. bandit1

bandit1 Member

ok, it wont be as bad I geuss, because I have an offer for a new CEN Aqua Jet for 170 bux w/ out radio. So, the big deal with dual engine's is too much power for me??? LIke it'll prolly flip easy or something??
  4. johnjohn_boy

johnjohn_boy New Member

i have a twin engine boat that is 55" long and will do about 55 mph. if you do decide to go that rout i am selling it minus reciever and radio for 600.00. it has all the good gear already installed! e-mail john_dunbar@sbcglobal.net and i can e-mail you pics if you would like.
  5. bandit1

bandit1 Member

no, but thanks anyway on that 600 dollar "deal".
  6. johnjohn_boy

johnjohn_boy New Member

yeah...probably not a good "starter" boat
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.