1/100 TOS USS Enterprise Mega Build (Formerly: Something BIG is coming...)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ekuth, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

2. micahrogers

micahrogers Active Member

Ok now I now where my share of modeling talent went, since I obviously didn't get it. LOL Very nice I guess this makes your house San Francisco Fleetyards. :p
  3. opalmox

opalmox New Member

A couple of sites that you can take a look at for references and colors are the TPZ web site, they've got tons of props and discussions on all things Star Trek, and the other is Trek Core which has a ton of screen caps from all of the various TV series and Movies.
  4. legal01

legal01 Member

What will be the final measurements of this monster of a build? You may need to build another room to house it!
  5. hercru9

hercru9 New Member

Insane build, you'll need some serious hangar space for this beast....
  6. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Y'know, this build is flat-out inspiring.

. . .

Specifically, it's inspiring me to do a 35mm scale version of the Klingon D7 Battlecruiser. :cool:
  7. Kjev

Kjev Member

All that work and you're going to cover it with a skin?:confused:
  8. xBobble

xBobble New Member

I was sort of thinking the same thing. Could you do the skin as a series of "trays" that each deck sits in? Not that you're not putting in enough effort already...:thumb:

I also wonder how much a Star Trek convention (or any sci-fi or gaming convention) would pay you to haul this puppy out there as geek attraction.
  9. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

He has said earlier in the thread that he's making the decks removable and have them stack on top of one another (though how he's going to make the neck stay together and keep the saucer securely docked is a bit of a mystery).
  10. Selezen

Selezen Member

It's been rather more than a few days - any progress?

The suspense is killing me!!
  11. DTM

DTM New Member

It's going to be a real vehicle!!!
  12. Cforrest900

Cforrest900 Member

Wow. This is really amazing. I'm definitely going to be following this thread to see your progress on this AMAZING paper model. I really like your idea of using foam and cardboard to build the decks and the rooms on them. Tips is definitely going to be a sturdy model. I notice the hole towards the rear... What is that for?
  13. ----zathros---

----zathros--- -----SENIOR---- Administrator

This thread is closed till the Original Poster decides to start Posting in it, by answering inquiries. All he needs to do is contact any moderator Keeps the thread cleaner.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.