1:100 shuttle model?

kbkline

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I'm wanting to know if anyone knows of a place that I can find a 1:100 scale shuttle model. The only one I've found is very complicated and way to time consuming for me right now. (lower hudson valley) I'm building the AXM ISS and everything I do needs to be in 1:100 but the only shuttles they have are in 1:144 scale. Now if you have a secret to being able to birth the 144 shuttle to the 100 ISS I could live with that as well. (I just haven't modeled enough to learn these types of things yet) Dang there's just to many things to build. I can't believe I've waited this many years to try this out wall1

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Print the parts pages at 144 % and everything should be fine. Or enlarge them with Gimp. Or have it printed at your local copy shop at 144 %.

kbkline

At 144% they are 3-4 times bigger than it should be lol. (I wasted $20 on that one) I'l try something else

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That's odd. Printed at 144 % (which means a multiplication factor of 1,44) an A4 page (8,268 " x 11,693 ") becomes a bit larger than A3 (11,693 " x 16,535 ").

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe the resolution was changed somehow. I think it would be safer to enlarge the pics in a grapic program first and then print them.

shika

1:100 is bigger scale than 1:144.
If you want it to be 1:144, you need to reduce it to
100/144 = 0.69, About 70%.

Trust me, I have plastic models in 1:144 and I always cross check the scale of my reduced paper model to make sure it is or at least close to 1:144.