1/100 Halinski Bf-109

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Alejandr0, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Alejandr0

Alejandr0 New Member

Even though I have been around the forum for about couple of years now, I have not been a very active member. Well I decided is time to change that with a build that I am working on Halinski Bf-109 well here it is.... Did I mention that the scale is 1/100? Well I wanted to see how small I could go while at the same time keeping all of the original detail, is turning better that I expect it. I will be posting some of the build progress as I go. thanks and I hope this building post will be the first of many.

Attached Files:

2. exzealot

exzealot Member

WOW, that is small! Beautiful job! Can't wait to see the finished aircraft.

3. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Second that point, we rarely see fighters in such a small scale... woooot? There even are cockpit details?! Great job!!
  4. Alejandr0

Alejandr0 New Member

Thanks a lot you guys... I did manage to make some of the cockpit details as you noted... By the way please excuse the quality of the pictures but I am not a great photographer and I am using the camera on my phone so bare that in mind. here are some pics...That's my wedding ring for comparison.....

Attached Files:

5. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

That's a plane in 1:33 scale but Alejandr0 is 18 feet tall sign1

Great job. I don't think there is to many modelers who have the skill and patience to build a detialed cockpit at such a small scale.
  6. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

OOOOHHH!! Looks fun!!
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

hoooolllleeeeeeee cow! super work!
  8. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

that's awesome...beware your eye too. A lot of stress in your eye when assembling a small model :)
  9. Alejandr0

Alejandr0 New Member

Again thanks a lot for your kind words. I am still fairly young so I don't worry to much about my eye sight however i do not do this kind of builds too often, this build was more like an experiment to see how small I could go....

Besides I was inspired to do so by your 1/100 spitfire so if somethings goes wrong with my eyes I will blame you Nobi...sign1... Anyways thanks a lot i'll do some updates as soon as I can. Bye.
  10. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Beautiful work! What type of cardstock are you using? What type of glue, and to finish what type of microscope are you using to see that stuff?
  11. Alejandr0

Alejandr0 New Member

Thanks....No microscope here.... I used regular bond paper for parts and for formers regular cardstock usually used for parts :twisted:

For glue is the most basic white all purpuse glue.

here some more build pics..... Don't even ask about those joining strips less than a milimeter thin.....

Attached Files:

12. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Really nice work!
    I like them tiny too but, Wow, that's awesome!

Keep up the nice work!
    I'm looking forward to your updates!

13. Alejandr0

Alejandr0 New Member

Yes I will be updating just after christmas, because of holiday shopping I don't have time for anything else.... :mrgreen:
  14. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

Wow I have trouble with nose and engine cowls in 1/33. You managed to do an excellent job with those small rings in less then half the size. Great job!
  15. Gainer

Gainer Member

It was a teensy wensy Eastern front camoflaued Bf-109 that was posted for the first time 1 week ago. NICE looking.
  16. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

This is amazing! Insane, but amazing!

17. SgtSki in MI

SgtSki in MI New Member

Very nice job!!! The Bf-109's one of my favorite birds. But why is it that practically every Bf-109E4 that's made is from JG-26? This one is in the colors of Adolf Galland's bird though which is cool. I'm tinkering with a Bf-109E4/7 Trop. right now but it's in plastic.

I look forward to seeing it when it's done....super work in such a tiny scale. I'm still cutting my teeth on card modeling and have only finished one model, but I like it so far.