1:1 Stahlhelm

RocketmanTan

Ohkay, I promise you, this isn't what it looks like. I just...really wanted a Stahlhelm :cry:

Anyways, I started this one around thursday, but I haven't been able to do any actual work until today. I'm pretty much got everything down (save for the front visor).

This particular model is really meant to represent a generic WWII-era stahlhelm, although I did work from reference views of the M1943. I plan to include decals for the Waffen SS, Wehrmacht, Luftwaffe, and Kriegsmarine.

So, the first image I have here is a really crude orthographic sideview of the stahlhelm. Dunno why I'm showing you this; I guess I just want more than one image for the first post.
he37T.png

And here are the first few parts sheets:
dZeqe.png

RocketmanTan

I would have posted a build photo right now, but my camera bettery died on me, and I'm too strained for time right now to set up the whitescreen.

RocketmanTan

So, my printer's very low on ink, so instead of getting a nice and dark feldgrau, I got a surprisingly-even coating of dark blue.
Model will be up this friday.

y9DpT.jpg

RocketmanTan

I really couldn't resist making this pun/historical injoke. I...I'm going to hell for this one:

UxWZC.jpg

I'LL BE WEARING THIS TO BRONYCON! :D

robot

i'm a paper shredder
Nice model. The bikers will love it.
By chance, will you do the paratroopers (Fallschirmjäger) helmet too?

R0B0T