1:1 scale kitbashed cutoff saw

Dragon

I found this on ebay once and saved the pics (as I couldn't afford the real thing) so I could model one in a scale I could afford.

It looks like someone kitbashed a Model T into a portable cutoff saw (radial arm saw, whatever you wanted ot call it).

http://www.dragonmnt.com/saw.html

So, Shamus, how soon til you have one? ;)

BTW - you are a large part of why I just got into On30. :)

Michael (starting a new scale)

TrainClown

Takes me back

The first car I ever owned when I was 14, I got from my friends grandpa. He used it to cut the lumber for the house they lived in. It too was an old model A with a buzz saw arrangement on the back. But that machine had it's back axle and the saw blade bolted to the brake drum. The other wheel had a chain that locked it down and kept it from moving. There was also a drum bolted to the wheel so the machine could run other equipment with a big belt. All that was left of the car was from the cowell forward.

that was the first engine I took apart and lerned about rings and valves and carborators. After I realized I would never make the thing run, I sold it through a news paper add and got $175 in total. Turned out some of the parts were rare, like the shock absorbers. And the rad shell was in mint shape.

Boy I sure had fun with that old jallopy.

TrainClown

shamus

Registered Member
Originally posted by Dragon

So, Shamus, how soon til you have one? ;)

BTW - you are a large part of why I just got into On30. :)

Michael (starting a new scale)

Hi Michael,
I doubt I shall make one, as my sawmill area is finished and not much room left for any other type of machinery LOL

Shamus