1/1 R2-D2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by irocer, Nov 23, 2014.

1. irocer

irocer New Member

I am looking for a full size R2-D2 to make. I tried to download the one on the Portuguese site but had no luck. Is there another 1/1 out there?
  2. blake7

blake7 Member

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  3. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

You don't need an account to get files from 4share (google how to do it)! ;)

The models seen at the papercraftsquare link are much too blocky and the texture is smudged.

Unfortunately it seems that the best one from the SF paper gallery site has vanished; but there is another one which could be suitable for the job:

You will have to adapt the size to get a life-size one.

I hope this helps! :)
  4. dnalor

dnalor Active Member

why not build it by scratch?
    I have done it..
    I downloaded the technical drawings from the R2D2 community..
    and folded the cardboard ..it world perfect..and he looked great..

look here for the drawings..(R2-D2 Overall Outline Drawings)
    Deleted...Malicious-Phishing Website............zathros/Administrator

when you start...I follow the thread :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2014
  5. irocer

irocer New Member

I was making prints to build from but was not finding all the info I needed. These drawings are perfect to help that along. Thanks dnalor! Revell-Fan, I agree -the 1/1 is not that good looking, I was going to only use it as a basis for my own version.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2014
  6. zathros

zathros SENIOR Administrator

I opened up a GMail account just to use 4Share. It also had the benefit of using it for people you might not want to have you "real" email account. :)
  7. zathros

That website you posted had 44 malicious webfraud activities going on with it! not sure what you use for anti-virus, but you may want to change it. See Pics Below:

44 Threats found. These were not annoyance but malicious, phishing type software. I was not going to stick around to find them. I too believe you could build one from scratch than from a template relaying on graphics instead of the actual parts that the graphics represent. Just an opinion. I was compelled t delete that link. If you find a "cleaner one" send me a P.M. with it so I can make sure it isn't "Loaded". O.K.?...O.k..
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  8. zathros

9. ennder

ennder Member

10. dnalor

dnalor Active Member

Wauw....so much malware i didn't know that sorry, i don't have a anti-virus programm..

but now you know that these drawing excist......and can be found, just ask google.